anyone with a 622/NHL CI HD schedule the next week?

what is wrong with Dish, Colorado @ Nashville is not listed as HD on the Altitude website, and Sunday night's game "IS" in HD b/c all Av's home games are in HD.

Thu in HD
FLA vs NYR (FLA Feed) 9545
NJ vs TB (TB Feed) 9548
COL vs NSH (COL Feed) 9549
STL vs PHX (PHX Feed) 9555

Fri in HD
ANA vs CBJ (CBJ Feed) 9547
BOS vs DAL (DAL Feed) 9553

SAT in HD

ANA vs PIT (ANA Feed) 9552
CAR vs WSH (WSH Feed) 9549

No HD CI games on Sun or Mon, only SD games.

Tue - Car vs TOR on Versus HD 9468

WED in HD
FLA vs TB (Both Feeds) 9547,9548
EDM vs MIN (MIN Feed) 9551

THU in HD 10/11
NJ vs FLA (FLA Feed) 9551

FRI in HD 10/12
COL vs STL (Both Feeds) 9548, 9549

That's all that's there for now. Not bad and who knows if they are going to turn on more HD games on these days.

So far 12 games and 14 feeds on CI HD over the next 9 days and only 2 days with only SD games. I'll take it.

I think alot of this is determined by how many games each RSN produces in HD. If we can get a 24/7 HD RSN or 2 added like NESN or MSG and they can get the rights to the Canadian HD like TSN, RDS and CBC HD that'll incrementally grow what's on in HD and make the days without an HD game be the rarity.

This is a big improvement already over last season.

Now FSN West HD needs to get off their asses and do some Kings games and then all will be right in the world.

Center Ice HD and HDNET might as well not exist for me. I can not get Ranger games in HD. That is 98% of my hockey watching. I could care less if columbus plays tampa bay in HD.

JPTaylor, I just went ahead in the guide on the ALL HD list.

I think Sonnyboy11's trick will update the guide.

I understand where you are coming from Darren, I've got the opposite, I have two local RSN HDs available, they just don't produce Kings hockey games very often. I think 4 or 5 all of last season when the RSN wasn't available on E*.

Now we have the RSN lit and no prospect of games.

Both situations suck but can be fixed shortly if the powers that be work it out.

I'll take an HD game of teams I don't care about over a SD feed every time.

The SD RDS game last night was horrid for picture quality, though I do like the french broadcasts for the novelty of not knowing what they are saying except "Le Buut". The fact that they have every other commercial about RDS HD just puts more fuel to the fire.

Kings debut this season in London was on Prime Ticket SD while the HDNet broadcast that I watched later that night was the same exact feed with different graphics, just in HD. They need to figure out how to share these instead of down-rezzing a good picture because of distribution rights. They jack the customer instead of putting us first.

Aside from all this, I still see them making progress each season and E* offering more hockey in HD than ever is a great sign of things to come if you love the game.

JPTaylor, I just went ahead in the guide on the ALL HD list.

I think Sonnyboy11's trick will update the guide.

I understand where you are coming from Darren, I've got the opposite, I have two local RSN HDs available, they just don't produce Kings hockey games very often. I think 4 or 5 all of last season when the RSN wasn't available on E*.

Now we have the RSN lit and no prospect of games.

Both situations suck but can be fixed shortly if the powers that be work it out.

I'll take an HD game of teams I don't care about over a SD feed every time.

The SD RDS game last night was horrid for picture quality, though I do like the french broadcasts for the novelty of not knowing what they are saying except "Le Buut". The fact that they have every other commercial about RDS HD just puts more fuel to the fire.

Kings debut this season in London was on Prime Ticket SD while the HDNet broadcast that I watched later that night was the same exact feed with different graphics, just in HD. They need to figure out how to share these instead of down-rezzing a good picture because of distribution rights. They jack the customer instead of putting us first.

Aside from all this, I still see them making progress each season and E* offering more hockey in HD than ever is a great sign of things to come if you love the game.

Unless you're in the Northeast.... It's only home to two of the Orig 6 teams.

DISH Network -- Sports Overview

NHL Center Ice - High Definition TV
Date Channel Time Teams
10/4/07 9549 7:30 PM Colorado vs Nashville - Pre & Postgame (COL)
10/4/07 9555 10:00 PM St. Louis vs Phoenix (PHX)
10/4/07 9545 7:00 PM Floridia vs NY Rangers (FLA)
10/4/07 9548 7:30 PM New Jersey vs Tampa Bay (TB)

10/5/07 9547 7:00 PM Anaheim vs Columbus (CBJ)
10/5/2007 9553 8:30 PM Boston vs Dallas (DAL)

10/6/07 9549 7:00 PM Carolina vs Washington (WSH)
10/6/07 9552 7:30 PM Anaheim vs Pittsburgh (ANA)

10/10/07 9547 7:30 PM Floridia vs Tampa Bay (FLA)
10/10/07 9548 7:30 PM Floridia vs Tampa Bay (TB)
10/10/07 9551 8:00 PM Edmonton vs Minnesota (MIN)
10/10/07 9547 7:30 PM Floridia vs Tampa Bay (FLA)
10/10/07 9548 7:30 PM Floridia vs Tampa Bay (TB)
10/10/07 9551 8:00 PM Edmonton vs Minnesota (MIN)

10/11/07 9551 7:30 PM New Jersey vs Floridia (FLA)

10/12/07 9548 8:00 PM Colorado vs St. Louis (COL) - Pre & Postgame
10/12/07 9549 8:30 PM Colorado vs St. Louis (STL)

10/13/07 9552 7:00 PM Tampa Bay vs Floridia (TB)
10/13/07 9556 8:30 PM Columbus vs Colorado (COL) - Pre & Postgame

10/14/07 9547 12:00 PM Detroit vs Los Angeles (LA)

10/16/07 9547 8:30 PM Calgary vs Colorado (COL) - Pre & Postgame

Revised 10/02/07

Dish listen up, your missing Oct 7 San Jose @ Colorado (Altitude-HD) and Oct 8th Edmonton @ Detroit (FSN-Detroit HD)

please get this corrected.

I suprised they don't using the TSN HD feed, even Voom's WorldsportHD can get it for Friday CFL games.

Those Voom Worldsport CFL games are usually a couple weeks old before the showup on the channel. I have yet to find a live CFL game on Voom. I live right on the border and if I wanted to watch the CFL I can get it from the ripoff artist TWC.

Also see this quote from the Buffalo News about the Buffalo Sabres Games in HD:

The bulk of the Sabres’ schedule is on MSG. The MSG home games carried on Time Warner will be in HD. The Sabres say the HD service won’t be available to satellite viewers unless the services make a separate deal with MSG.
Time Warner hasn’t made a national deal with the NHL Network. It is carrying the pay package, NHL Center Ice, and is offering a free preview through Tuesday. :mad:

Dish I see screwed up on the Avs/Preds game

watch channel 548 HD and tell me if you see quick breakups when the camera goes into the corner of the zones, if you look at the plexiglass you can see the image pixelate. Not enough bandwidth I assume? Even in HD-Lite?

Thanks for the link Vipul.

I'm not in an O6 region but channels who make exclusive deals with one type of carrier are foolish, I watched the MSG HD cable exclusivity commercial tonight, as if that's a good thing.

Kings just updated their schedule with HD games and I'll get 14 games in HD, so that's an upgrade over last season. If I wasn't in SoCal, I would get even more HD like around 25.

I know some couldn't care less, but I'm happy with the increase.

Dish I see screwed up on the Avs/Preds game

watch channel 548 HD and tell me if you see quick breakups when the camera goes into the corner of the zones, if you look at the plexiglass you can see the image pixelate. Not enough bandwidth I assume? Even in HD-Lite?

Unless you watched it both on Dish and another provider, there is no telling where the quality issue came from. There is just a good of chance that the uplink from the RSN was bad.

Center Ice HD and HDNET might as well not exist for me. I can not get Ranger games in HD. That is 98% of my hockey watching. I could care less if columbus plays tampa bay in HD.

I just watched the NYR in HD last night from MSG by tuning into the Florida Panthers feed.

I would rather listen to the Rangers announcers if possible but the HD feed is more important.

This is a true benefit of Dish carrying the home/away feeds.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)