Anything new with Versus?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dembinskij

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 24, 2008
Grove, OK (Tulsa, OK DMA)
Just wondering if there was any hope for Versus any time soon? I see there will be some college football games I want to watch on Versus on 10/24. Thanks for any info you can provide.

Just wondering if there was any hope for Versus any time soon? I see there will be some college football games I want to watch on Versus on 10/24. Thanks for any info you can provide.

Not likely we will see the channel back anytime soon according to what you read on the Internet.

Versus still talking somewhat in the media, silence from DirecTV.

Unfortunately, it sounds like nothing is happening.

hate to put you in this position, stone cold, but is someone (not necessarily DirecTV) misleading customers about the whole versus carriage issue? I heard today that VS has agreed to NO COST INCREASE per sub to be on the same tier as before. It's just that DirecTV wants to move it to another tier and is why negotiations have stalled.

IF this is true, this "someone" has been engaged in a misleading campaign.

hate to put you in this position, stone cold, but is someone (not necessarily DirecTV) misleading customers about the whole versus carriage issue? I heard today that VS has agreed to NO COST INCREASE per sub to be on the same tier as before. It's just that DirecTV wants to move it to another tier and is why negotiations have stalled.

IF this is true, this "someone" has been engaged in a misleading campaign.

Nothing you hear in the Media can be trusted. This would lead to a lawsuit like ESPN and Dish Network. Any good business will not make public what they charge someone else. If you have a customer with 18 Million Subscribers versus lets say 5 Million but want to charge them the same rate that does not work. Economy of Scale is missing in the mentioned scenario above. The large company should receive a reduced rate.

aa9vi,

First i was stating as far what they are handing out in call centers as far as infomration.

I been quite honest in my feelings that both VS and dtv are being stubborn on this issues and that some where in between is the real truth.

I believe at this point the issue isn't price, just cariage.

Directv wants it in the sports pack, Versus wants to stay in the Xtra pack.

The difference is about 6 million customers, and at around 20c per month, that is over $1 Million per month difference.

I believe at this point the issue isn't price, just cariage.

Directv wants it in the sports pack, Versus wants to stay in the Xtra pack.

The difference is about 6 million customers, and at around 20c per month, that is over $1 Million per month difference.

IF this is true, then GOOD for VS.
There no real reason for D* to move it, other than for them to make more money, actually may be LESS money as people would have to buy a different package and probably would not go for that.

I know for a fact that I WILL NOT be buying the Sports package, for the VS channel.

Time to stop being greedy then. Go back to the old terms and let's move on.
DirecTV needs to stop trying to squeeze more out of VS and needs to launch more national HD.

I can't believe I defended DirecTV for so long. I emailed the Blackhawks, the NHL, the Chicago Tribune, and Versus. I guess I was the idiot who just assumed the usual deceptive party, Comcast, was playing tricks again. Then again, I was mislead by this 20% figure. I thought it was 20% on top of the old carriage terms, not for new carriage on a premium tier.

Time to stop being greedy then. Go back to the old terms and let's move on.
DirecTV needs to stop trying to squeeze more out of VS and needs to launch more national HD.

I can't believe I defended DirecTV for so long. I emailed the Blackhawks, the NHL, the Chicago Tribune, and Versus. I guess I was the idiot who just assumed the usual deceptive party, Comcast, was playing tricks again. Then again, I was mislead by this 20% figure. I thought it was 20% on top of the old carriage terms, not for new carriage on a premium tier.

One doesn't have anything to do with the other.
D* probably won't have any new , or very few new HD channels till the next sat is up and operational.

Maybe we all need to tell D* that moving VS to the sports pack will not make us get the sports pack. D* has lost ESPNU and NBATV from the sports pack, so they think doing this will make more people get the sports pack.

They should allow Verus to be a la carte.. You can get it for the months you want like during the bicycle races or Hockey Season....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)