Anything new with Versus?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Im not sure which is worse.. pros playing in the olympics or the all-star game. In any event, the NHL dodges one here..

What will really give a black eye to the NHL would be the prospect of missing a ton of playoff games because versus carries a ton (including conf. champs. and a few Finals games). Does anyone know if versus has exclusive rights during the postseason as well? Or, will I be able to get the hometown feeds since I have the NHL Center Ice package. If this happens and my team makes it into these rounds I'll be irate :rant: and have to consider jumping to DISH.

P.S. if anyone wants to get in touch with the president of DirecTV and mail him a letter (they wouldn't give me an email address) here's who to write:

Office of The President,
DirecTV
P.O. Box 655
Greenwood Village,CO 80155

What will really give a black eye to the NHL would be the prospect of missing a ton of playoff games because versus carries a ton (including conf. champs. and a few Finals games). Does anyone know if versus has exclusive rights during the postseason as well? Or, will I be able to get the hometown feeds since I have the NHL Center Ice package. If this happens and my team makes it into these rounds I'll be irate :rant: and have to consider jumping to DISH.

P.S. if anyone wants to get in touch with the president of DirecTV and mail him a letter (they wouldn't give me an email address) here's who to write:

Office of The President,
DirecTV
P.O. Box 655
Greenwood Village,CO 80155

No "hometown" feeds during the Conference or Stanley Cup Finals. Versus & NBC carry the games exclusively (in the US).

The only good outcome for me is if Directv puts Versus back in its original spot. If Directv does not reach an agreement with Versus I lose. If they do reach an agreement that puts Versus in the Sports Pack I lose. I am not going to pay for the Sports Pack. And I am not going to leave for Dish or cable.

Nothing against hockey. I like watching the Blackhawks. However, if either the Bears, Bulls, White Sox or Cubs were involved in this dispute * at some point I would leave Directv and find a provider that did not charge extra for my home city games.

* I know Versus is not getting the NFL, NBA or MLB.

The only good outcome for me is if Directv puts Versus back in its original spot. If Directv does not reach an agreement with Versus I lose. If they do reach an agreement that puts Versus in the Sports Pack I lose. I am not going to pay for the Sports Pack. And I am not going to leave for Dish or cable.

Exactly, nobody wins in a carriage dispute. Neither are getting the money they want and the fans aren't getting their games. Its a lose/lose situation for everyone.

I'll never get D*'s Blackout Pack or switch to Monopocast or Douche Network network either.

One doesn't have anything to do with the other.
D* probably won't have any new , or very few new HD channels till the next sat is up and operational.

The flaw in this logic is that Verus isn't new to DIRECTV.

You failed to read the statement ......
DirecTV needs to stop trying to squeeze more out of VS and needs to launch more national HD. :rolleyes:

I love the Sportspak. I get more College Football there than I do on Gameplan (and most of the games are even in HD).

My Wolverines are always in HD on ESPN/ABC or BTN so it'd be a waste for me. If I got another pro team without blackouts maybe I'd consider it but I'm stuck in FS Detroit's exclusive area.

The Nebraska Football games in on Versus today Cable and DIsh have this channel.
Directv does not.

I have talked to so many that say they are switching.

In this state Nebraska Football is a big deal.

Called D* today to ask about VS. and they said that VS. should be back on by March...but in the meantime, they gave me sportspak for free for 6 months. Didn't care either way, but the csr was nice. I didnt ask for anything, they just said they wanted to throw it in while I wait for Vs. to comeback on. no big deal, just an update..

seems like this VS is gonna be re-posted over and over on this thread and still will be near future.

its off for now, it will be back on when directv gets it back. until now, we dont have it.

someone needs to make a VS thread a sticky so when people come on (first time users) so they arent re-posting it over and over.

Scott is pretty dang good at keeping us updated and so far no new news from Scott so I vote to make a VS thread sticky and just wait til Scott hears something and then we'll know if we will get VS back online or not.

i see just about less than half the threads that are posted new in Directv Forum is about VS, and majority of them are new comers asking wheres or whats up with VS.

STICKY and wait for updates from Scott or whoever gets new news from Directv.

VS is now what... how many months old news since we havent had it? and yet its still being brought up as a new topic. old news.

I called today to see if I could verify that it was coming back in March. The CSR said that Comcast owns VS and it was not coming back and since I already have the sports pack, she gave me 3 months of the Starz superpack which still doesn't make up for no WEC but it helps.

I called today to see if I could verify that it was coming back in March. The CSR said that Comcast owns VS and it was not coming back and since I already have the sports pack, she gave me 3 months of the Starz superpack which still doesn't make up for no WEC but it helps.

most csr's are totally clueless.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)