Anyway to force an update on the R15?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

HBKbiggestfan

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 16, 2006
I just want to know If I can force an update to the latest software for the R15. Can it be done and if so how?

hit reset on the receiver
press "I think" 02468 on the remote

After that I belive it should start a download. If I am wrong someone will correct me.

The Tate said:
hit reset on the receiver
press "I think" 02468 on the remote

After that I belive it should start a download. If I am wrong someone will correct me.

Okay, but when do i hit those numbers on my remote? right after i hit the red button? or when it is reseting? before i hit the red reset button???

forcing downloads

hey
Reset the reciever and wait till it says Hello your dtv reciever is starting up. Type in the code 02468 and when the almost there screen goes away it will start the download. You might want to try it a few times to make sure it goes in effect. Also that code works on the D 10 receiversa as well as the D11 receivers. I am always forcing codes on it. Thats how I upgraded all my D 10 receivers.
DTVservicetech

Also, another user has just figured out....

If you have changed your R15 to work of say AV1/AV2 code, instead of the DirecTV mode....

You need to flip over to DirecTV mode to send the 0 2 4 6 8 code.
It appears that during the later portions of the start up, the R15 changes over to your set remote mode.

I did all this, got the download, saw it download, but it still doesnt have the 30 sec skip feature. Is there something else required to get this working?

I did all this, got the download, saw it download, but it still doesnt have the 30 sec skip feature.

Same thing happened to me....it said it was downloading the update but after it finished I went back to the INFO screen and it still showed the same date of the last update and no 30 sec skip. :(

jvolpe said:
I did all this, got the download, saw it download, but it still doesnt have the 30 sec skip feature. Is there something else required to get this working?

The force update didn't work for me either on the R15. I usually turn it off at night, I called up CSR and informed them of the problem I was having in updating. They suggested it stay on all night. A few days later I checked the software version and it was updated.

Naturally, after I posted that it didnt take the update, in the morning I wake up and see that it just did.
:)

I have the R15-500 and I hit the reset key, then when I get the blue screen I push the 02468 on the remote... but nothing happens! It just goes to the next screen - almost there... then downloads sat info... but never even checks for new software... what am I doing wrong?

I tried on my R15-300. After "hitting the red reset, blue screen, 02468" scheme it found new software and downloaded it for several minutes. But after going into menu, setup etc, to verify the update, it was still 104B. I tried it numerous times. Always with the same result. It downloads but never really updates. Someone on another forum stated the update (even forced update) may be tied to what part of the country you're in. I don't know but I seen from other threads several people on the west and east coast who have successfully updated. I'm in the midwest.

Bill

Hi, all. Newbie here (this is my first post). I was able to force downloads on both my R15 and H20, but as many have stated the downloads didn't seem to get applied. Both receivers still show the date of the latest update being months ago (when I first got service).

Just thought I'd chime in.

Rich

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)