Apartment installation-1st floor (new customer)

Looking at the picture where you think you are going to put it why do you want it on the ground so low? If I were you I'd go get a tripod and stick the sucker on the corner area of where those pavers are and have it up high enough to avoid getting hit. I went on many a service call from these things getting hit by kids or whatever when they are that low. The rules are for it to not be in the way of the landscapers or sticking out but I see no rule about having it going up high. I'd go up to where its over your head in height using a tri pod if I were you.

Reactions: KAB
The installation went well. Two dish techs arrived at 5pm and a third arrived shortly after. Not sure why so many showed up, but they were very accommodating and courteous. They provided the patio mount and flat coax cables for free, and they also were able to provide white RG6 coax inside our apartment (that made the wife very happy). I bought a set of Bluetooth headphones off them, and they sound very good. Also purchased a new digital optical cable as well. Provided a tip at the end. Overall I am very pleased. They ended up installing the dish just to the right of my patio (facing from outside of apartment). Thanks to everyone who provided their input regarding the installation! :thumbup

The installation went well. Two dish techs arrived at 5pm and a third arrived shortly after. Not sure why so many showed up, but they were very accommodating and courteous. They provided the patio mount and flat coax cables for free, and they also were able to provide white RG6 coax inside our apartment (that made the wife very happy). I bought a set of Bluetooth headphones off them, and they sound very good. Also purchased a new digital optical cable as well. Provided a tip at the end. Overall I am very pleased. They ended up installing the dish just to the right of my patio (facing from outside of apartment). Thanks to everyone who provided their input regarding the installation! :thumbup

Glad to hear it went well.

Im sure you had 3 techs because it was their last job of the day and some offices actually work like a team and help each other out at the end of the day. And there are shops like mine who have quit allowing assistance because its "too expensive".

How you liking those headphones? Pretty sweet huh?

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Im sure you had 3 techs because it was their last job of the day and some offices actually work like a team and help each other out at the end of the day. And there are shops like mine who have quit allowing assistance because its "too expensive".

The headphones are pretty nice! Overall the installation exceeded my expectations!

those techs where preforming an assist, to get off the grid at a decent time.
This is the one downside to working as rural tech, I can forget about getting any physical help on jobs.

those techs where preforming an assist, to get off the grid at a decent time.
This is the one downside to working as rural tech, I can forget about getting any physical help on jobs.

Not to derail the thread any as he did get everything done, but my old office would try to get people to assist and not pay them for it which was a big no no. You refuse and you may as well figure they will hold that to you at some point but you refusing it was the only way to go unless you really know the other tech well enough to feel they would help you later in the future (scratch each others backs so to speak). I used to laugh when I saw an assisting process popup on my ETA to the point that I would just start and stop it or ignore them cause they can't make you do work without paying you - end of story.

In house is different.....paid from the time we clock in till the time we clock out. So assisting when available only hurts ppph.

The OP is happy, the rest of you might want to take this to the installer zone or wherever, and work it out amongst yourselves, yes?

Last edited:
Reactions: Bobby

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)