Apologies to Installs Inc. and V*

ddlsmith

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 28, 2004
A week or so ago I posted a somewhat negative (read: frustrated) comment about a lousy installation, blaming it all on a bad installer...yadayadayada. In hindsight, I take it all back. I now put it all in perspective and, after several days of flawless reception and realization that the Installs, Inc. guy did all that he could do within his power to get me up and running successfully.

In support of this opinion, I submit:

1. I originally requested 3 STB's...one never worked at all, the other 2 locked up on a regular basis. Since then, I have decided I only really needed 2, and they have been replaced with 2 new ones that work perfectly and removed the unwanted box with no hassle. This was not the installers fault, he only has what V* sends him. And V* only sends what the manufacturer puts out. Installs Inc. CSR stated that there had been a batch of bad boxes sent out recently and I can't imagine that was on purpose, seeing that V* would have to pay for a second visit to replace them.

2. The original antenna could not pick up but 1 local OTA, has since been replaced and I receive all locals now, loud and clear.

3. The Installs, Inc. rep has arrived within 1 hour of the start of the time window each time he was scheduled to show, he also gave me his personal cell phone number if I had any issues after he left.

4. CSR's at Installs and V* (with one minor exception when the V* rep got defensive about me not being able to pick up the locals) have been absolutely responsive, professional, and act like they truly care about issues I have raised.

Bottom line, after 2 weeks of my first call to V* to initiate my service, I am now completely satisfied and am enjoying flawless reception with no problems whatsoever. Hopefully, I will be a lifelong Voomer and they will be a huge success. I am already promoting them to fellow workers who I know have HDTV's and still subscribe to cable.

In a perfect world everything would have been right the first time but, in reality, rarely does that happen these days. Bottom line...if problems are resolved in an expeditious manner...all's well that ends well.

To all prospective Voom subscribers...if you have issues at first, be a little patient, they will probably be resolved and the picture you will see on your HDTV will be more than worth the wait.

One word of advice...be nice to the installer (V* or whoever). It never hurts and doesn't cost a nickel. I make it a habit to greet any service person, be it V*, a plumber, or whoever, with a handshake and a smile at the door, offer them water, a Coke, use of the restroom, etc. If they like you, I believe most will go out of their way to please you. I'm sure they encounter enough P.O.'d people in a day that a friendly smile has got to work in your favor.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts