Apple Announces new iPhone 5

Tyralak said:
Just keep your picture offsite and put the link to it in
Your post got truncated by the SatGuys app. I think it was the unclosed IMG tag.

My wife and I attended a wedding tonight and I was able to take some pictures in pretty low light. I think it did a nice job.

Attachments

• image-2957951575.jpg
    image-2957951575.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:
Your post got truncated by the SatGuys app. I think it was the unclosed IMG tag.

My wife and I attended a wedding tonight and I was able to take some pictures in pretty low light. I think it did a nice job.

Hmmm Let me post it again and format it a bit different.

Just keep your picture offsite and put the link to it in IMG tags. It will show up full screen, no matter what app or browser you're using.

So I'll be the first to ask: How do you rate the iPhone 5's battery life? It seems to run down faster than my old iPhone 4, but it could be that I'm playing with it more since it's new. I'm currently at 47% and I unplugged from my Mac about ten hours ago.

So I'll be the first to ask: How do you rate the iPhone 5's battery life? It seems to run down faster than my old iPhone 4, but it could be that I'm playing with it more since it's new. I'm currently at 47% and I unplugged from my Mac about ten hours ago.

I was at about the same at ten hours. Seems decent to me. But the first two weeks are bad times to try to gauge battery life.

So far the battery seems to be draining a lot faster than my 4. I would use my phone at work and by the time I got home around 5, I would still have about 85%. On Friday, less than 70%. But, I agree, the first week will probably not be a great indicator.

I can't believe that someone has already Jailbroken the 5. Hopefully they get a handle on it quickly so that it's untethered and released to the public soon.

This puppy is way to HOT.When I went into best buy to get a case from the Iphone 5 all of the employees had noticed how hot the phone is whenever you make calls over 10 minutes or us the internet for 5 minutes or more.

If you have AT&T and don't have LTE yet then turn LTE OFF. If you have it turned on even though your not on LTE it will not let you talk on the phone and use data at the same time.

I am nearly ready to go get an iPhone 5. I currently have a 3GS, bought in January 2010; the phone and wifi work, but the Edge is extremely slow and 3G doesn't work at all. It could have been from the one time I dropped it, but it still worked fine for several months before things started going kaput.

I want to keep my current AT&T plan, which has the unlimited data and minimal (200) texts each month. Someone here suggested go to an AT&T store instead of Apple, to specifically make sure of this.

Are there any other things I should beware of? I heard they might try "connect fees" or other charges even though I am an existing customer. Will I need to bring my bill or any paperwork?

Thanks...

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys App

A question to those who have successfully restored the iPhone 4 backup to iPhone 5: did you have to upgrade your iPhone 4 to iOS 6 first?

This puppy is way to HOT.When I went into best buy to get a case from the Iphone 5 all of the employees had noticed how hot the phone is whenever you make calls over 10 minutes or us the internet for 5 minutes or more.

Moving posts to the iPhone5 thread... ;)

No heat concerns here. It was warm during the initial restore of files, but other than that, has run quite cool for me.

I honestly don't understand why there's a limit to the number of apps in a folder. The infinite folders tweak is one of the things that make giving up jailbreaking so unpalatable. It's nice to have all games in one folder rather than spread across two or three folders. Same for other categories.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I think it has something to do with the size of the screen. They don't want you to have to scroll to find apps in the folder.

What do people think of the new map app anf does anyone hae experience with the adapter for legacy accessoroes?

wolverine2003 said:
I think it has something to do with the size of the screen. They don't want you to have to scroll to find apps in the folder.

I know why they do it. I just think I should have the ability to decide for myself to scroll or not to scroll.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

What do people think of the new map app anf does anyone hae experience with the adapter for legacy accessoroes?

Have been running iOS6 since June; the maps are fine. Haven't had problems with it; and used it on a few trips successfully this summer.

I don't think the adapter for legacy accessories is out yet. I ordered a couple third-party ones; but they haven't shipped yet either. I am hopeful I'll be able to use it with my stereo alarm clock dock.

Scott's right. LTE is a battery drainer -- the same behavior has been around on Android phones for over a year. Sprint's early WiMax devices had the same issue.

LTE will get better with battery life -- I know on my Moto phone, it puts WiMax to sleep after a few minutes of no signal available and you have to manually trigger a scan after that to preserve battery life.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts