Apple Announces new iPhone 5

I think Apple is gouging customers by charging $30 per adapter, and I got to be frank, I don't like it.

I would have no problem if they gave you one free with your iPhone, and extra ones were under $10.

But making EVERY iPhone device which uses the 30 Pin interface useless unless you buy one of these adapters for $30 each is WAY too much as you are going to want more then one... one for each of your devices.

I think Apple is gouging customers by charging $30 per adapter, and I got to be frank, I don't like it.

I would have no problem if they gave you one free with your iPhone, and extra ones were under $10.

But making EVERY iPhone device which uses the 30 Pin interface useless unless you buy one of these adapters for $30 each is WAY too much as you are going to want more then one... one for each of your devices.

apple should go the usb like other phones

iphone5 sales disappoint Wall Street. Apple announced it sold and delivered 5M iphone5's over the weekend. It also said it sold 2M preorders the first 6 hours and 1 million the following week. The phone is expected to go on sale in 22 more countries around the world by this Friday. So why is there disappointment? Apple was not prepared to deliver iphone5 sales to all who bought them and it is sold out in nearly every store around the world. Production is currently inadequate to met the demand. Wall Street only considers a sale when the phone is delivered and profits are in the bank. So, it was a disappointment when the company was not able to deliver on their orders. This negative news caused a knee jerk sell off today on the stock from it's Peak friday of $705 to $685 now. It has leveled off somewhat but many are continuing to sell off as more and more orders come in and are not filled. By Friday, the market for iphone5 will be in 100 countries. As these demands get delivered, and register as profits on the books, the stock is expected to jump to $912 in the first qtr next year. So, while knee jerk short traders are selling off, it creates a buying opportunity for those in for the long haul. (Personally, I put in another 10 share limit order ) I did not sell any at $705 since I would be selling at a cost basis of $500.

As for LTE speed, I observed a drastic reduction here on LTE Verizon speed from typical 16Mbit down to 5.5 Mbit as of Saturday. I have never seen it this low. I think the carriers are going to need to unleash the throttles on the service with so many LTE iphones hitting the towers. I think they weren't prepared for this impact.

I don't like it either.

iphone5 sales disappoint Wall Street. Apple announced it sold and delivered 5M iphone5's over the weekend. It also said it sold 2M preorders the first 6 hours and 1 million the following week. The phone is expected to go on sale in 22 more countries around the world by this Friday. So why is there disappointment? Apple was not prepared to deliver iphone5 sales to all who bought them and it is sold out in nearly every store around the world. Production is currently inadequate to met the demand. Wall Street only considers a sale when the phone is delivered and profits are in the bank. So, it was a disappointment when the company was not able to deliver on their orders. This negative news caused a knee jerk sell off today on the stock from it's Peak friday of $705 to $685 now. It has leveled off somewhat but many are continuing to sell off as more and more orders come in and are not filled. By Friday, the market for iphone5 will be in 100 countries. As these demands get delivered, and register as profits on the books, the stock is expected to jump to $912 in the first qtr next year. So, while knee jerk short traders are selling off, it creates a buying opportunity for those in for the long haul. (Personally, I put in another 10 share limit order ) I did not sell any at $705 since I would be selling at a cost basis of $500.

As for LTE speed, I observed a drastic reduction here on LTE Verizon speed from typical 16Mbit down to 5.5 Mbit as of Saturday. I have never seen it this low. I think the carriers are going to need to unleash the throttles on the service with so many LTE iphones hitting the towers. I think they weren't prepared for this impact.

As far as Wall Street is concerned. GMAFB, they sold 5 MILLION phones in two days. 5 MILLION. An all-time record, but not 8 or 10 MILLION like some un-named analyst expected. It is so ridiculous.

And as you say, a buying opportunity. Buy it now, for less than Friday, and it will make money eventually, probably sooner than later. Sigh...

Keep in mind that Apple did not say how the 5 Million is computed. They just said the "weekend" Did that include Friday which had the sales at 1 M in first 6 hours or not? The real story is that Apple did not have enough supply to meet demand as retail sellers are sold out, but more on the way. This will likely create a black market for inflated pricing on ebay for awhile. We've seen this before. I stopped dreaming in the analyst's world a long time ago. Analysts are never responsible for their numbers. I use them to determine the short term stock price movement and where the opportunities lie. Plus many analysts need the price to fall so they can cover their shorts, therefore they often pull these numbers out of their backside. If Apple had reported 20M over the weekend they would have been disappointed as well claiming expectations were for 35M.

I don't know if I believe Apple's numbers. Note that it's always APPLE reporting them, as opposed to AT&T or Verizon or Sprint or any of the distributors. Yes I know there was a lot of hype around the 5 and such, but I just find it REALLY hard to believe that SO many people got it in the first weekend.

On another topic, this video has been making the rounds. Pretty damn funny. Some people have called it a fake, but I think if it is, the interviewer didn't know and the woman was just acting like a dope to make a "statement" about some of the people buying the phone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Scott Greczkowski said:

Apple Greed!!!

Hall said:
Have you seen the Samsung video for the Galaxy S3 making fun of iPhone users ?

I saw that on TV I think on Thursday night. The night before the iPhone 5 went on sale. Samsung pulled no punches.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys App

zarg7883 said:
I saw that on TV I think on Thursday night. The night before the iPhone 5 went on sale. Samsung pulled no punches.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys App

I'm just not sure that mocking people is a good way to make them convert to your brand.

dangue said:
I'm just not sure that mocking people is a good way to make them convert to your brand.

Right. That's what I was thinking. How will making fun of me because I like iPhones make me want to buy your phone?

Right. That's what I was thinking. How will making fun of me because I like iPhones make me want to buy your phone?
Like how apple made fun of pc users in their infamous "Hi, I'm a Mac.." Ads? They sure as hell didn't make me want to buy a Mac and instead cemented my belief that most Mac addicts are pretentious dolts.

Anyways I don't think they're making fun of all iPhone users. What they're saying is that rather than wait in long lines for something that you're expecting will blow your mind, something just as good, if not better, is already here. Besides can we all admit by now that waiting outside for days in a line for anything that isn't a vital organ is stupid anyways and ripe for parody?

Anyways I don't think they're making fun of all iPhone users. What they're saying is that rather than wait in long lines for something that you're expecting will blow your mind, something just as good, if not better, is already here. Besides can we all admit by now that waiting outside for days in a line for anything that isn't a vital organ is stupid anyways and ripe for parody?

And they say basically that in the ad.

I've never understood standing in long lines such as this for darn near anything. There is nothing that I need THAT badly. And in a week or two, you can walk right in and get one. Or order online.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

yourbeliefs said:
Like how apple made fun of pc users in their infamous "Hi, I'm a Mac.." Ads? They sure as hell didn't make me want to buy a Mac and instead cemented my belief that most Mac addicts are pretentious dolts.

I agree here. With online preorders available there was no reason to go wait in line.

And they say basically that in the ad.

I've never understood standing in long lines such as this for darn near anything. There is nothing that I need THAT badly. And in a week or two, you can walk right in and get one. Or order online.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
I won't even wait in the Costco gas line if it is more than 5 minutes. I rather pay my $0.05 more per gallon at a regular gas station to not have to wait. Heck, I will only be saving about $1.00 to fill up the tank anyway. Even at ten cents less per gallon it will only save me $2.00. Not worth the line.

I just cannot stand crowds to begin with.

Wow! My phone has been moving fast today: China, Korea, Alaska, and now it's on its way to the next stop, wherever that is. All in one day! The way it goes, I might have it tomorrow or Wednesday. That's way ahead of schedule!

Sent from my iPad 3 using SatelliteGuys

Maybe it would make some iPhone users think... On the other hand, it's probably targeting non committed Android users who will be getting a new phone soon and shows that you don't need an iPhone after all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)