Apple Announces new iPhone 5

John, for some people, the Apple system is great. These people learn to fall in line and do what Apple thinks they should be doing. Most people will love that. These are the people who naturally accept the state of the art as their limits in life.
Except, of course, that the iPhone is not "state of the art", at least not in the traditional sense of the term.

It's state is definitely art, though.

So I hear this next iPhone will have a plastic case to enable a lower price point. A plastic case is also a precursor to having NFC. Has anyone heard anything about that or would like to speculate ???

(Sorry if this has been discussed elsewhere - I dropped out of this thread after I decided to hold-off on the 5 for several reasons, including NFC interest.)

There are rumors than more than one iPhone may be introduced this year. Perhaps the low cost version will not even be called the iPhone.

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/Apple-Schiller-Cheap-iphone,20391.html

However, in a recent interview with Shanghai Evening News, Apple Senior Vice President of Marketing Phil Schiller stated the contrary. He reiterated what Apple's core philosophy has been. "[E]very product that Apple creates, we consider using only the best technology available," he said. "This includes the production pipeline, the Retina display, the unibody design, to provide the best product to the market.”

"Despite the popularity of cheap smartphones, this will never be the future of Apple’s products. In fact, although Apple’s market share of smartphones is just about 20%, we own the 75% of the profit.”

He seems to deny that Apple would even consider it. But, it makes you wonder if Apple would license a low cost version to be built by someone else with a hefty royalty for third world countries.

State of the Apple art. How's that?

More like state of the profit art!

Yes, the transfer you see on those commercials is using NFC. It would be nice for Apple to include it.

Q42012 report- 47.8 million iphones sold. Verizon reported 2/3 of all smartphones sold were iphone5 in Q4.
22.9 million ipads were sold.

Despite record sales on iphones and ipads, the stock nose dived to new lows leveling out at $50 per share below closing in after hour trading. Some believe this was triggered by many consumer stop loss automatic sales. I sold off more shares of another stock I was positive on to buy more Apple with this opportunity. I have another bid in for even lower price.

Sell 10M more iPhones than a year before, set a record, and it is a disappointment. Yeah, ok, whatever. (I know the reasons, I just find it all pathetic).

Sell 10M more iPhones than a year before, set a record, and it is a disappointment. Yeah, ok, whatever. (I know the reasons, I just find it all pathetic).

If it was just the US it would be OK since the iPhone leads in the US. In the rest of the world Apple is losing the battle big time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)