Apple Announces new iPhone 5

robk299 said:
The phone doesn't need to be unlocked, just have no password.

I plan on resetting mine before sending because I don't trust them.
Okay, I wasn't really sure since they say AT&T / Unlocked.

Also, as I found out earlier this year, you should delete the device from your Apple ID if you registered it or bought it from Apple using your Apple ID. That will save hassles later on if someone who acquires your device tries to call Apple for support, the serial number shows up as yours. Apple may assume the device is stolen and not provide service.

Record sales on iphone5:

iPhone 5 Pre-Orders Top Two Million in First 24 Hours
8:33a ET September 17, 2012 (Benzinga)

Apple today announced pre-orders of its iPhone 5 topped two million in just 24 hours, more than double the previous record of one million held by iPhone 4S. Demand for iPhone 5 exceeds the initial supply and while the majority of pre-orders will be delivered to customers on September 21, many are scheduled to be delivered in October. iPhone 5 is the thinnest and lightest iPhone ever, completely redesigned to feature a stunning new 4-inch Retina™ display; an Apple-designed A6 chip for blazing fast performance; and ultrafast wireless technology*—all while delivering even better battery life.**

“iPhone 5 pre-orders have shattered the previous record held by iPhone 4S and the customer response to iPhone 5 has been phenomenal,” said Philip Schiller, Apple's senior vice president of Worldwide Marketing. “iPhone 5 is the best iPhone yet, the most beautiful product we've ever made, and we hope customers love it as much as we do.”

Okay, I wasn't really sure since they say AT&T / Unlocked.

Also, as I found out earlier this year, you should delete the device from your Apple ID if you registered it or bought it from Apple using your Apple ID. That will save hassles later on if someone who acquires your device tries to call Apple for support, the serial number shows up as yours. Apple may assume the device is stolen and not provide service.

I think that makes good sense.

The iTronz one looks like it will work with a stereo dock; the other one just with a cable. Ordered two for the two docks I have. $24 total with shipping and tax.

Foxbat said:

I don't know how to delete it from my Apple id.

stimpson said:
Open iTunes, at the top click on Store. Then go to View my account. About half way down the page it will say "iTunes in the cloud". Click on "manage my devices". You can then remove it from there. HTH.

I assume it just removes that particular phone from your apple ID? Would I still be able to set up my new 5 by using the last back up from the old sold phone?

I assume it just removes that particular phone from your apple ID? Would I still be able to set up my new 5 by using the last back up from the old sold phone?

Correct. I think your allowed up to 5 devices. So, if someone wanted they could set up the new phone from the back up, then remove the replaced device from iTunes. Either way, you will be fine. :)

I pre-ordered 1 of each. Interesting that Amazon did not have a 12v iPhone 5 charger.

I pre-ordered 1 of each. Interesting that Amazon did not have a 12v iPhone 5 charger.

Ah Jeez.... another thing I am going to have to buy, and thus will need two chargers in the car on road trips. One for the wife's 4S and one for the 5. Ughh.... For my car I charge via USB, so I'll be fine (but will need to make sure I have a Lightning adapter in the car.

Yeah, I already anticipate this dock thing is going to be the worst part of the entire deal.

Ah Jeez.... another thing I am going to have to buy, and thus will need two chargers in the car on road trips. One for the wife's 4S and one for the 5. Ughh.... For my car I charge via USB, so I'll be fine (but will need to make sure I have a Lightning adapter in the car.

Maybe I've misunderstood what your saying. But why would you need a Lightning adapter if you have USB? Doesn't the iphone come with a USB to Lighting connection cable?

Maybe I've misunderstood what your saying. But why would you need a Lightning adapter if you have USB? Doesn't the iphone come with a USB to Lighting connection cable?

A second cable, so I don't have to constantly unplug the charger from the house. Right now I probably have five or six 30 pin USB adapters, now they become moot for the new iPhone.

But when we road trip in my wife's car, there is not a USB adapter, only in my car. :)

Open iTunes, at the top click on Store. Then go to View my account. About half way down the page it will say "iTunes in the cloud". Click on "manage my devices". You can then remove it from there. HTH.

I sold my iphone 4 last week. All I did was a restore using iTunes. I just went to "manage my devices" to delete that old phone from my account, but it doesn't show up. All it shows is my iPad. Maybe the restore deleted it from my itunes account?

Well I missed this thread last week but I set my alarm and got up 3:00am eastern time to preorder my iPhone 5 32GB. I kept telling myself I wouldn't upgrade from my 32GB 4S but when the day came I just couldn't resist. We have LTE all over our area and I'm sick of my friends with android being the only ones using it. I also use my iPhone to watch video from MLB.tv, Netflix, and HBO Go, and the Dish sling adapter while on the road pretty often. In the end I decided LTE and the bigger screen can only make that experience better. I'm not happy about the fact that my car adapter will no longer work though. I will be selling the 4S on ebay to get whatever I can for it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)