Apple Event - May 7, 2024 (New iPads!)

That was a really weird ad. Not sure who thought it was a good idea.

I got what they were trying to get across, “We’ve managed to get all this Photo, Music, Video, Writing, Gaming, etc., creativity into the new iPad Pro, and managed to squeeze it all into an even thinner case.”

No one must watch the Hydraulic Press Channel on YouTube…

Reactions: Ilya
I got what they were trying to get across, “We’ve managed to get all this Photo, Music, Video, Writing, Gaming, etc., creativity into the new iPad Pro, and managed to squeeze it all into an even thinner case.”

No one must watch the Hydraulic Press Channel on YouTube…
It's clear what they were trying to say, but that was gross!

Just ordered my new 13” pro, went for 2TB because there was only a $400 difference.

My current one will go to my daughter, she is using a regular one to assist with her private teaching jobs, she does not believe a Pro ( my current one is with the M2 and 2 TBs) will make much difference, why she has not purchased one yet, I believe she is incorrect, just the size, speed and space makes a difference for me.

I just ordered mine through Verizon and went for the 13" iPad Pro as well. I don't keep a ton of stuff on my iPad though, so I went with the 256GB model. Looking forward to the bigger screen and the smaller form factor of the new one. I considered the 13" iPad Air, but it was only an $11/month difference over it for the Pro so I future proofed a little bit (I hope!)

I am going to stop at the Apple store tonight, hopefully they have the new iPads on display. I want to see if I made the right choice going with 11' - I think it should be enough for my purposes.

I am going to stop at the Apple store tonight, hopefully they have the new iPads on display. I want to see if I made the right choice going with 11' - I think it should be enough for my purposes.
I could never go back to the smaller size, I believe my daughter’s is 10.9” (found out she has a Air, not the basic), looks tiny compared to mine.

Typing is also better on the larger, different keyboard pops up then what is on the smaller ones.

I've always used the smaller one until this upgrade, but as the bezels have shrunk and shrunk there isn't as much of a difference holding the two today as their use to be.

Plus as more and more publications are "digital only" and my eyes are getting older the extra screen real estate makes it easier to read pages.

I've always used the smaller one until this upgrade, but as the bezels have shrunk and shrunk there isn't as much of a difference holding the two today as their use to be.

Plus as more and more publications are "digital only" and my eyes are getting older the extra screen real estate makes it easier to read pages.
Yeah, at 57, eyes have been getting worse, been wearing progressives since my late 40’s, prescription was bad enough for being near sighted, now with Astigmatism also, plus needing the thinner lenses because my prescription was so high, just spent about $1200 on two pairs last month.

I stopped at the Apple Store last night. They didn’t have the new iPads on display yet, won’t have them until the launch on Wednesday.

Looking at the current models, I think I will be fine with the 11” version, especially since it’s lighter.

As I was there I tried the Vision Pro. That was pretty amazing! The demos they showed were spectacular. Panoramic views, 3d imaging, the sound quality, the precision and responsiveness of my head and eye tracking were all very impressive! I just wish it was much cheaper and much lighter. Perhaps someday!

Early afternoon is when the UPS van is usually here. That’s probably when I should expect it.

Mine just showed up. Take a couple hours to restore from backup. Not expecting a lot, actually. I'm only going from a M1 Air to the M2 Air. We'll see....