Apple IPAD Owner's Thread

It will be interesting to watch Flash vs HTML5 vs NBT. But I agree, it is of less and less importance.

rockymtnhigh said:
And I agree about Flash. Maybe a handful of times it has caused an issue. Its really a non-issue for me.

There's an app called Skyfire that converts flash to HTML5 via a server so the videos will play on an iDevice...

i miss Flash sometimes, but I use a RDP client to remote into my desktop when I'm home for the FLASH content.. not slick, but it works..

I really don't see the flash issue as an issue. I can't think of the last time I ran into a site I used that resulted in me having problems. And Safari 5 is excellent on the iPad; the tabbed-browsers work perfectly.

It is for me. I cannot even go to most of my ski resorts sites as they are heavily flashed based.

Also, I often try to look up restaurants menus on my phone when we are going out to eat and many of them are flashed based as well

It is for me. I cannot even go to most of my ski resorts sites as they are heavily flashed based.

Also, I often try to look up restaurants menus on my phone when we are going out to eat and many of them are flashed based as well

It's an issue for me as well.

DodgerKing said:
iSwifter does the same and it is free

Don't you need a subscription for that?

I admit that I don't miss flash as much as I thought I would, but it does still come up from time to time, mainly when it comes to viewing web video. Also, don't forget some websites are COMPLETELY driven by flash.

The only one that really frustrates me is that South Park Studios can't be viewed on the iPad. Those guys are CLEARLY Apple fans, and the fact that they haven't converted to HTML5 or made an app yet is mind boggling.

yourbeliefs said:
Don't you need a subscription for that?

I admit that I don't miss flash as much as I thought I would, but it does still come up from time to time, mainly when it comes to viewing web video. Also, don't forget some websites are COMPLETELY driven by flash.

The only one that really frustrates me is that South Park Studios can't be viewed on the iPad. Those guys are CLEARLY Apple fans, and the fact that they haven't converted to HTML5 or made an app yet is mind boggling.

It's probably not them, but comedy central that makes those decisions.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Saw the coolest iPad app yesterday at church. They installed a router into the sound board for the church, and it provides an ability to use an iPad as a mobile mixer, the screen looks just like a mixing board, and you can control the entire sound system from anywhere in the sanctuary with an iPad. It was very cool. I got a demo of it after church. My kid plays electric guitar in the service and we have been struggling to get the sound right so you could hear the guitar. This app enables you to adjust the system from anywhere in the church. Another great example of the utility of an iPad.

Saw this in use at Disney last May at Disney Village by a quartet street performance. There were three musicians on the street stage and a fourth on keyboard in the audience. He was playing a keyboard on his ipad that was connected wirelessly to the main mixer. The main mixer was being done with a wireless app on the ipad. The actual hard wired stuff ( XLR cables ) for audio connected to a real audio board but the control of the board by remote was done via the ipad / wifi / midi package. I didn't even know where the classical piano was coming from until they made the announcement of the 4th musician in the audience.
This is the group- performing Mostly Mozart in 3D but you can shut off 3D by clicking the "3D" to shut off.
Mostly Mozart - YouTube

The 5.0.1 OTA update to 5.0 is out for iPad as well, and it does a few things beyond battery issues on the iPhone. On the iPad is permits multi-touch gestures on the original iPad 1. Pretty small update - about 39MB. Took about 5 minutes to install.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts