Apple iPhone 5s vs 5c on launch weekend: flagship outsells plastic by a factor of three

Rocky: $210 credit for a Verizon 4S is very good for a trade in.
If you dont want to go for a private local sale, I'd say you're done. :up
?.

I'm surprised I have already received my 64 GB iPhone 5s that I ordered yesterday from VirginMobileUSA. Of course, it's not gold, but I'll live...

I'm surprised I have already received my 64 GB iPhone 5s that I ordered yesterday from VirginMobileUSA. Of course, it's not gold, but I'll live...

How much is the iPhone 4s 16gb worth in mint condition!? 300? I am also living with not having gold. I'm not waiting almost 2 months just for a color.

No 4S is worth over $200, not even the most desirable.
Some, like Sprint, are worth considerably less.
Since it's now perceived as two generations old, value is falling rapidly.
Any vendor offering more, is just throwing in an incentive/discount to get the sale.
Yes, they do that, even first week on a new phone.

No 4S is worth over $200, not even the most desirable.
Some, like Sprint, are worth considerably less.
Since it's now perceived as two generations old, value is falling rapidly.
Any vendor offering more, is just throwing in an incentive/discount to get the sale.
Yes, they do that, even first week on a new phone.

Just wondering since I want to sell my wife's 4s and it has 5 cases with it, car charger and screen protector on the phone since day 1. If I sell it local or ebay I'm wondering what I should sell it for. It is a Verizon iphone. I know ebay will take out their final value fee.

My still says shipping in 7-10 business days and delivery from 8-10 October, when I'm out of town.
Update - Ordered on Sep 20th and just got a shipping notice for delivery on 10 Oct. Out of town, so having it rerouted to my office.

Traded it in $210 to Verizon. They send me a mailer, I have 30 days to get it to them. Gift card will credit my account. Works for me.

Was told by Best Buy I could have a white/silver one in 2-3 days, as opposed to 2 weeks from Verizon, so heading over there to order it now. If I am lucky, my son will have his "new" 5 in time for his birthday next week. :)

SO, I went back to Best Buy… in the three hours since I had been there, they received a shipment. I walked out with a 32GB Black iPhone 5S. I wanted White, I'll admit, I have NEVER had a black iPhone, BUT I've got it. And its setup. Camera seems cool, haven't done much yet.

Scott is still waiting, and I got mine in under 20 minutes. :)

Scott is still waiting, and I got mine in under 20 minutes. :)
If you weren't willing to order at 00:01 PDT when the Apple Store opened up, a few weeks wait is what you'll get. Especially for gold...

While I liked the Space Gray, I went with "Silver" aluminum since my last two iPhones were black.

If you weren't willing to order at 00:01 PDT when the Apple Store opened up, a few weeks wait is what you'll get. Especially for gold...

While I liked the Space Gray, I went with "Silver" aluminum since my last two iPhones were black.

If I was willing to spend the extra hundred for the 64gb model I could get the silver. But I couldn't turn down walking out with one. Silly, I know, but it's like buying a car, once you start looking, the end result is inevitable.

Personally I wanted the black, but settled for grey. Yes I know the 5 was black and the 5s is grey. I really prefer the darker color (I have a clear case that I moved from my 5 to my 5s). I would have loved to get the gold if they had it in gold and black instead of gold and white. Perhaps the 6 will have that combination.

Since I wanted the grey it was fairly easy to find, I guess I am one of the few that did not want gold or silver.

I would have loved to get the gold if they had it in gold and black instead of gold and white. Perhaps the 6 will have that combination.
A fellow Boilermaker? :D I'd like to see a mock-up just to see how it would look. They may not sell a million, but I'm sure it would be very popular in these parts...

Hope you all are enjoying your new iphone 5 s/c's

I've been reading one of my stock market insider analyst reports this week that studies the new Chinese markets Chinese leaks from Apple supplier chains. The latest is that Apple has recently cut production of the 5C model in half to 300K to 150,000 a day for the Chinese market and increased the 5s production by a similar amount. Seems that contrary to the preproduction test markets in China, the cheaper5c is not favored over 5s and the 5s, like the US is outselling the 5c. The overall sales is on target by what was expected.

Also in this week is that Apple has begun to build a larger screen size too to compete with the Samsung size market. A new strategy from Apple to use the popularity of other competitors tom indicate where their trends should go. Then become the supplier of the iphone that has a model that meets everyone's wishes. Strong continued sales growth in the iphone iOS and infrastructure is only limited by not having a model that meets everyone's wants.

Also announced this week is an invitation only announcement event scheduled for October 22. It is believed the event will center around a new lineup of ipads from mini to full size. Lots of speculation on features but high on the list will be the retina for ipad mini and finger print scanners for all.

Haven't seen anything rumored new on the mystery iwatch.

I wonder if the 4s is going to live out the year? With the 5C already dropping fast in price ($45 now at Walmart), how long until it is free with contract? I am sure Apple gets a better margin of the 4s for free than the 5c, but the competition might require them to rethink that strategy.

I wonder if the 4s is going to live out the year? With the 5C already dropping fast in price ($45 now at Walmart), how long until it is free with contract? I am sure Apple gets a better margin of the 4s for free than the 5c, but the competition might require them to rethink that strategy.

It boggles my mind that Verizon was willing to pay me $210 for my 32gb 4S.

But remember, Walmart is selling those 5Cs at a loss. AND there are a lot of people who don't want to have to switch ALL of their accessories as the 5 and 5S require. All those cables, and docks. Plus, its free. So, who knows.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)