Apple Live Event: iPhone 6, Apple Watch

I got two via the app. It was funny it kept saying that the 6 plus gold for AT&T was unavailable, kept changing color and eventually it was in stock.

One processed my credit card the other gave me a confirmation number that the order was placed and that I would get an email later so I could pay for it.

Exactly the same thing here.

Exactly the same thing here.

Thought I was safe. This message just popped up.

ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1410512105.433906.jpg

3-4 week lead times now for most models of the 6 Plus. The iPhone 6 seems to be like the iPhone 5c from last year. I checked this morning and I can still get an iPhone 6 w/16 GB in Gold and pick it up at my local Apple store on the 19th. Of course, that's for a T-Mobile version (unlocked) and $645. I doubt T-Mobile or Apple will give me anything for my son's iPhone 4s at this point.

In other words, I'll let the dust settle on you early adopters and live vicariously through you!
Finally got mine ordered. Expected delivery of Oct 1-6. :(
Download your free copy of U2's new album "Songs of Innocence" and rock out for a month on Apple's dime. :)

Just ordered from Verizon - regular iphone 6 64Gb in the darker grey color. Scheduled to ship on the 19th. Had to call in to place the order because my home address fails on the Verizon system due to the fact there is not USPS home delivery in my area (we only have mail service to the post office). So I had to wait on hold for about 15 mins to place the order. Other than that all went well. Also got everything done for my iphone 5 (32Gb) trade in and a credit of $225 (interestingly that is only available online they can't do it over the phone and it accepted my shipping address for that transaction). Not too bad.

Yes, sort of. They do it through Brightstar.
http://store.apple.com/us/iphone/reuse-and-recycling
They valued my white iphone 5 32Gb at $205 which was $20 less than I got from Verizon. You get the $$ in the form of an Apple Store gift card. However, I'm guessing you have to send it in to get the money so I don't think you could really use it as a credit for the iphone 6 like you can essentially do with the carriers since they put the charge on your bill and you get the Verizon credit that can also be used on your bill.

Unlike all my past iPhones, I did not order one overnight. I decided I will just have to wait until they are in stores to decide on the form factor. I will want to put a model in my pockets to see how they fit (or do not fit).

If the 6 had the optical image stabilization & high resolution I would probably go for it. I am really drawn the the better camera and 1080p. But, I just do not know if I could live with the huge 6s...

Unlike all my past iPhones, I did not order one overnight. I decided I will just have to wait until they are in stores to decide on the form factor. I will want to put a model in my pockets to see how they fit (or do not fit).

If the 6 had the optical image stabilization & high resolution I would probably go for it. I am really drawn the the better camera and 1080p. But, I just do not know if I could live with the huge 6s...
I ordered the 6+ (camera and battery life were the big draws for me). Due to the website errors, it took nearly an hour last night to get the order in. Email from AT&T this morning: delivery in 3-4 weeks. Login to my account just now (since they sent a text saying there was an update) and now it's end of October or November. By my math that's not 3-4 weeks. Unfortunately, I don't think there's anything that will improve those dates other than Apple producing more faster.

I decided I will just have to wait until they are in stores to decide on the form factor. I will want to put a model in my pockets to see how they fit (or do not fit).

5.5-inch models seem to be in short supply. You may have to wait for a long time!

I notice on the Apple website, all of the regular 6 models are still available for being delivered on Friday, While the 6+'s are all out and many weeks away from shipping.

I am surprised to see the regular 6 still being available for Friday delivery.

Do more people want the 6+? or did they just make a ton more 6's?

There were a lot of rumors and speculations about production delays with the 5.5" model. Many even questioned that Apple would be able to release it in September at all.

I notice on the Apple website, all of the regular 6 models are still available for being delivered on Friday, While the 6+'s are all out and many weeks away from shipping.

I am surprised to see the regular 6 still being available for Friday delivery.

Do more people want the 6+? or did they just make a ton more 6's?
I believe three factors: there was a pent-up demand for a 5.5" iPhone, the Optical Image Stabilization on the 6 Plus, and the yield difficulties Ilya referred to.

6+ has sapphire screen, weren't there questions all along about whether supply could meet demand on it?
I don't get the deman for a 5.5" phone. But I so wish the 6 has that optical stabilization. Still, have not preordered, and don't intend to. But oh, the itch.. the itch... :)

I do more surfing and text than talk.
I'm more interested in the plus.
However I'll wait a month or so before ordering. Wait for the smoke to clear.
Will all apps need any kind of special update to be compatible with the 6 or plus?

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I do more surfing and text than talk.
I'm more interested in the plus.
However I'll wait a month or so before ordering. Wait for the smoke to clear.
Will all apps need any kind of special update to be compatible with the 6 or plus?

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!
Well, there are updates for iOS 8. I suspect there may be a desire to produce for 1080 natively in the app, rather than rely on scaling. With that in mind, I'm inclined more toward the 128 now.

I'm one year in to my iPhone 5s experience. I want to see how big it feels in my pocket and hand before making a decision. IF I did get one, it might be for my wife so she could pass the iPhone 5 to my son (currently has a iPhone 4s) since she does the lion's share of the shopping. ApplePay would be something that she would make better use of than me. In that case, I think she would be perfectly fine with a 16 GB iPhone 6. Since she's on T-Mobile, it's full-price for the phone, I believe $649 + tax.

Hmmm, looks like I need to wait until February of next year before Virgin Mobile USA (my current carrier) will comply with the new Unlocking legislation. So I guess I'm "stuck" for now.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)