Apple Live Event: iPhone 6, Apple Watch

View attachment 101320 The post so good, dfergie quoted it twice!

I'd delete one, but then that would make this great post less meaningful. ;)

I kind of wish they just had the 5S-size and one slightly bigger. I don't like the fact that in 2 years or so, I'll be stuck with no other options but a large phone. I am perfectly happy with the size of the 5S, it was a big improvement over the 4S, and really is more than big enough for a phone. I want it to fit in my pocket. Thus, the 6 plus is just silliness. I have an iPad, I want a phone, not a giant hybrid. I can live with the size of the 6 I think, but I did not need it.

This year I have been good and haven't even checked to see what upgrades I have available. Figured it would be easier to hold off that way. :)

Reactions: dfergie
Questions I have about the Apple Watch.

Reflective screen? I would think since it can be used while running that direct sunlight won't be an issue? Unlike the iPhone.

Bluetooth compatible? Seems I remember (correct me if I'm wrong) music or podcasts can be downloaded to the watch?

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Like others, I'm waiting to see the physical phone before I decide anything. I've got to know how it feels in my hand and my pocket before I make a change. The larger one is almost certainly too big for my liking.

It's weird to hear the complaints about the 5.5" size when Android has no problems selling this screen size left and right. I pocket my Note 2, and it is about half an inch wider and taller than the 6+. My experience with the Note 2 was that it was cumbersome the first day or two, then it just felt weird and by a week or so, anything else seemed small by comparison.

But wow is the price on the new phones dear.

Reactions: osu1991
I kind of wish they just had the 5S-size and one slightly bigger. I don't like the fact that in 2 years or so, I'll be stuck with no other options but a large phone.

Specs on the 6 compared to the 5s are not really that massive. It is .57 inches taller, but only .33 inches wider, it is slightly thinner & heavier. I am leaning more and more towards the 6 vs the 6+, I think the 6+ is just too big for the pocket.

Knew it was a matter of time.
Sunday night football on NBC.
Commercial by Samsung digging on Apple about the new iphone. Basically how it was a great idea back in 2011.
Funny but true!

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Specs on the 6 compared to the 5s are not really that massive. It is .57 inches taller, but only .33 inches wider, it is slightly thinner & heavier. I am leaning more and more towards the 6 vs the 6+, I think the 6+ is just too big for the pocket.

That is reassuring.

Ah, but Apple will "ion-harden" it with unicorn tears or some method that will make sure your wife's ring gets as good as it gives!
:D

That's two times more than the number of pre-ordered iPhone 5 units two years ago!

By the way, I just listened to that U2 album given away at the Apple Event "Songs of Innocence" and it's pretty good!
Personally, I am not a huge fan of U2, but I really liked some of the songs on this new album!

Reactions: Foxbat
By the way, I just listened to that U2 album given away at the Apple Event "Songs of Innocence" and it's pretty good!
Personally, I am not a huge fan of U2, but I really liked some of the songs on this new album!

I have listened to it probably 6 or 7 times, and I think it is one of their best albums in a long time.

Reactions: Foxbat
I had a brain-fart trying to understand why I didn't have the U2 album on my Mac. Turns out because I "bought" it using my iPhone (even before the keynote was over) it was there and I had to "Transfer purchases from my iPhone" to get them on iTunes on my Mac. I don't remember having to do this with the songs I get from Starbucks for free.

I've listened to most of the U2 album in the car and so far I have to say it's pleasing to my ear. The songs seem to have a historical flavor to them which I like. Very personal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts