Apple Live Event: iPhone 6, Apple Watch

Here is a picture with my 5S against the iPhone 6 Plus case. It is WAY bigger!
I feel good about going with the smaller 4.7-inch version. This one seems too big for me. But some will love the Plus, I am sure.

As of right now, I'm sticking with my iPhone 5. I don't play games on my phone and all the apps I do use are still very snappy. I don't think a faster phone would really have much benefit for me at this point. I'm downloading iOS 8 right now and I will see if my mind changes after I'm running that and apps start to get updated. If it starts to feel sluggish or bogged down with my apps that will get me to start looking at the 6 and 6+ in person to see which I like better. My battery life is starting to get shorter too. If that continues to shrink too much more it will have me upgrading sooner too.

I'm also interested in the apple watch sport. Since that adds more new functionality than the phone upgrade would it's currently higher up on my priority list.

Just got an email from AT&T with my tracking number! My iPhone 6 is on its way!

Got both of mine as well.... Shipping from PA and will be here tomorrow. :D

Of course when I get it in I will need to go to AT&T and get a new Sim Card as I ordered the upgrade on my kids number since I was not eligible for an upgrade this year. I guess the new Sim Card is even smaller than the one that was in the 5S.

Apple had some disclaimers regarding iPhone 6 not being compatible with older SIM cards, but I think they were talking about micro sim, not nano sim. That created some confusion.

My iPhone 6 leather case has just arrived. I like it! It's definitely bigger: my entire iPhone 5 with its own case easily fits inside this new case. But I do like the new form factor. It's big, but not too big. Fits comfortably in my hand.

I still haven't received an email from Verizon. But I went to My Verizon online the other day and it says it shipped. According to FedEx tracking it arrived at the Memphis terminal on Monday evening, but it's been sitting there ever since. Now it says it left the Memphis terminal today shipping next day delivery. I wonder why it's been sitting there all week?
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411065537.866628.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steven Colbert had his iPhone 6 Plus on his show Thursday night. He must have some followers in Apple Corporate!

My coworker has a 6 Plus slated to arrive tomorrow. I wonder if he is waiting for it before coming to work, or just taking the whole day off. If he has it, I'll take a good look at it.

I had warned my son about upgrading his 4s to iOS 8, but he went ahead and did it anyway. Now he's seeing some delays in some of his operations, but he downloaded the SwipeFree keyboard app to try out. I have the update waiting on my Mac, but I haven't gone ahead with it yet. Still waiting to see the "I shouldn't have updated" articles.

I did update my MacBook Air tonight to get 10.9.5 and Safari 7.1. I see some differences on the SatelliteGuys website, but i don't know if Scott is trying things or what. One nice thing is the Edit / Delete options are now buttons instead of links, much easier to see!

"Out for delivery!!!"
I wonder how many people will be calling in sick today?! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)