April Fools Day- Ever pull off any sports-themed jokes?

SabresRule

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Apr 15, 2008
Wisconsin
With today being April Fools day (I will not pull a stunt like last year, when I pretended that I might leave this site- I am only going to ask something to you guys), I was wondering if any of you have ever pulled off any sports-related April Fools jokes.

I was going to post 'Mcnabb is now a member of the Cleveland Browns, can't believe they gave up Cribbs and a 1st' just to make a couple people poke through Google for a few minutes to try and find out more, but im not that mean.

I was going to post 'Mcnabb is now a member of the Cleveland Browns, can't believe they gave up Cribbs and a 1st' just to make a couple people poke through Google for a few minutes to try and find out more, but im not that mean.

.... and I'm not that gullible. ;)

I don't know about sports related, but for the first time in 4 years, my newspaper wasn't delivered to my driveway this morning. My whole day has been thrown for a loop. I hope the paper carrier isn't playing an April Fools on me!

While it's not a joke that I pulled, it has to be one of the best I've ever seen in a major publication. I'm sure with the technology around today this couldn't be pulled off to the magnitude it was back then:

The Curious Case Of Sidd Finch - SI

There is a clue if you take the first letter from every word in the title page:

He's a pitcher, part yogi and part recluse. Impressively liberated from our opulent life-style, Sidd's deciding about yoga—and his future in baseball

OMG SABRES! Did you hear the Sabres are shopping Ryan Miller?! See link below...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOU8GIRUd_g"]Ryan Miller Traded?[/ame]

April fool joke related to sports, lets see. Lebron wins the NBA FINALS in 2010??

Stevo, Your posts have been pretty credible, THAT would end that quickly.