Status
Not open for further replies.

TYORK

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jun 6, 2004
indy
I don't know about the rest of you but i go to the arcade alot and I am sick of the Cheaters and Hacker. So I was wondering if there was anyway we can post a cheater list so everyone can keep an eye on them. One shows he got high score on 7 game with less than 15 minutes totally impossible.

Ok i am done venting now I hope that we can do something to let them know that we know they are cheating.

thanks

Tyork

I'm up for that as well, but I have noticed that most if not all of them have 0 posts, so they may not know if we post their name as cheats.

I'm working on something and if I can get Scott to okay it I will post here what we are going to do about this.

I am very sorry this is happening but will try to do what all I can to remedy this.

Okay, Scott has implemented a minimum post requirement, so hopefully the cheaters and hackers will get the idea.

I like that these folks are joining our site just to play in the arcade, but I do think it's important to make a setting change since the arcade is for the members of posting community first

My husband posts to the site A LOT. I joined just to play in the arcade, and that's probably the case for lots of the people who don't post. I'll make some posts in response to this, but I think there's probably a more direct way to get rid of hackers.

Most of the folks who try cheating never post a single post.

BTW soon I will be resetting the scores so everyone has a chance to be a champ again. :D

I've been thinking about doing a quarterly reset of scores, so that sounds like a good idea!!

So let me get this right. I joined this site to read and not post b/c I have never needed to (till now). I learn everything I needed from reading (and the info is much appreciated). But b/c I don't post I am not considered a part of this community? I understand the need to stop the cheaters b/c it would be nice to be number 1 for a while. But I think there can be a better way to do it. The innocent are now banned as well as the guilty.

Thanks for listening,
Kyle

I can see that some people are taking the personally. And not all people that go to the arcade and don't post but there are some that come in for the first time and with in less then 15 min. they have played 8 game and number 1 at 7. Now say that if you go to the arcade very much at all you now that it is impossible to do that. Or can any of you people that are taking it personal please just go take a look at 3-D Blaze the highest possible score on this game is 35 how did this guy or girl get a high score of 56 and while you are there click on the name and you will see they have 7 number one scores with in 15 min. on the same day he come in to play the first time.

didn't mean to defend anyone just don't like people that cheat.

hope you understand.

t

we might have to come up with something else. seems like there are a few that join just to play the games. the honest ones should not penalized.

TYORK, I completely understand where you are coming from on this. I believe there should be something done to the cheaters but the cheater will still get through while people that may just want to join to play the arcade (like some of my co-workers) won't be able to. Just food for thought. I am not taking it personally...just wanted to make sure it had been looked at from all aspects.

Thanks,
Kyle

I understand everyone's frustration. The majority of the cheaters/hackers though have posted zero.

We are looking to see what else we can do besides this, so please bear with us.

korsjs said:
a few do care.

My point is, why bring attention to this. It's only going to give a certain group of people increased incentive to do what they are doing. Personally it doesn't matter to me who has the best score at poker, but I respect the views of those who care.

Think of it this way: Say you worked really hard to get a high score. Then someone comes along and cheats to beat it. You would be mad wouldn't you?

We try to keep a fair arcade here.

Neutron said:
Think of it this way: Say you worked really hard to get a high score. Then someone comes along and cheats to beat it. You would be mad wouldn't you?

We try to keep a fair arcade here.

Ohhhh, you are tugging at my Donkey Kong days aren't you???? Actually, I see your point, but I still don't think it is that big of a deal. You should really have a tourney to decide who the best is. Maybe allow players that score above a certain threshold to enter. If being number one is that important, you can probably use this method as a better determining factor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts