Archos 705 w/plugin not working so well

mrhoni

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 21, 2006
Any success out there?

Received the unit this evening.

Installed the latest firmware 1.7.13

Downloaded the Dish Network plug. The instructions indicated that the update could take a minute. I tried it a couple times and did not think it worked. Where I was unsure was when I unplugged the 705 from the computer and it said there were 2 files to install. I clicked install, it requested I plug the AC power in and pressed ok - I blinked and it was done.

So I then hooked up the 705 to the 722. It was recognized as a 705. I did have to disconnect the external hard drive.
First bad at this step - won't take HD programs and downsize them as SD to go onto the 705
Second bad is that I transferred a SD program from the external HD to the 705. 800k file transferred in < 1 second. Does not appear on the 705.

I'll have to get ahold of Archos tech support unless someone has already gone through this and figured it out.

Thanks.

Have you downloaded the cinema plugin from Archos website?(has to be purchased) I have a 605 and can record movies that are not copy protected.
I havn't tried to copy a HD movie yet. I'am running a test right now. I also
subscribed to VONGO.com for movie downloads. That site you can watch
movies from Starz on your pc, and also download to your Archos (405)(605)
(705). (cost is 9.99 a month)

I got my daughter a 605 for Christmas. We downloaded the plugin to allow it to work with the reciever and were able to transfer an SD movie to the 605 and view it. It took about 15 minutes to upload the movie from the reciever. Less than one second seems pretty fast based on the time it took us to upload a two hour movie. Did you try uploading other recordings to see if they work?

1) When you installed the Dishnetwork plugin, did it install so fast, less than a second?

2) Do you still get any messages regarding installing anything after you loaded the Dishnetwork and later attached the Archos to your computer and then disconnected it from the computer?

3) Did you remove the plugin from the root level of the Archos after doing the install of the plugin?

4) Are you saying I have to install the Cinema plug-in as well as the Dishnetwork plug-in?

5) Did you transfer anything to the Archos that was previously on an external hard drive and had been restored back to the main dish receiver hard drive?

Thanks.

Got a 605 and installed the plugin just before Christmas. It works for me with SD contend from my Vip 622. Approx 1h video content = 1GB File size = 5minutes transfer time.

Did you set the 705 to windows media device mode? It only works in this mode NOT USB Hard drive mode.

Just saw your new post

1) Yes

2) No

3) No

4) I had the cinema plugin installed prior the Dish plugin but I don't believe you need it

5) No

again check the device mode you are in

Good luck

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts