Are Denver channels now spotbeamed?

100 miles away appears to be the edge of the spotbeam. Would a larger dish aimed at the 129 generate enough signal to pick up the spot beamed signal?

I have an older dish I used for the 61.5 when I lived in New England. It generated a much higher signal than the original normal size Dish freebe.

You would need something fairly large. Probably 6 -8 foot diameter antenna for the approximate 35 dBw Denver signal in that area.

You would need something fairly large. Probably 6 -8 foot diameter antenna for the approximate 35 dBw Denver signal in that area.

Then it might work for now with a 6 footer until they kick on another beam with the same TP and you'll start getting interference from that one.

You could point your old dish at 77W and get CONUS locals from:
  • Cincinnati, OH
  • Lancaster/Harrisburg, PA
  • Huntington, WV
  • Little Rock, AR
  • Lexington, KY
  • Louisville, KY
There are others, also, but not all have all the "big 4" networks. Some of the above may not either, so do your research before "moving."

There is some speculation that Los Angeles MIGHT stay CONUS at 129W, but no one knows for sure except Charlie.

This should get you by until you can move to Billings.

Brad

I live in southeast Colorado outside of the new spotbeam's coverage. So, i called dish and asked how come my HD locals aren't coming in anymore. Whew, what a runaround, I ended up at "advanced tech support" who advised she was sure sending a tech to my house will fix the problem. :rolleyes: I mentioned to her that I read somewhere that denver locals may be on a spotbeam now, but she assured me that the info I read is false and that she would know that if it were true :haha
So I guess the question is what are my options for hd locals?

That just sucks. Didn't think they would go SB and I am just outside it, but at least SD is still up for Denver for me.

So how come I can still get the SD signal. Is it still CONUS? Should I be expecting it to go to spot beam soon. I have been watching SD networks tonight. It sucks in comparision to the nice old HD.

118.75 has no spotbeam capacity. Everything on it is CONUS. With that said, the HD Locals on 118.75 are expected to move to 129w once their spotbeams get fired up since the super majority of the people who get their HD locals in those markets already have Dish 1000+ over a Dish 500+

They may not remove them from 118.7 for a quite a while but you can bet they will be on 129 beams too so new installs for HD locals do not need a 1000+ dish.

Well maybe there's some hope for me anyway, the stickied post, "List of HD Local Markets NOT Available on Dish Network" indicates colorado springs locals should be in HD Feb. 25. I guess I'll be "moving" if they get that going

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts