Are locals all free now?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

hdinsd

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 7, 2008
every pkg i selected so far say locals included, but in the pkg description it only said America Pkgs included locals, i also assume these are in HD

If you are a new customer, or change your basic package, you will have to start paying for locals, which is included in the basic package rate. I, for one, am grandfathered under my old plan, and save those few bucks per month. What little OTA I watch, I get with my antenna. Plus, some of the OTA I want, Dish does not provide.

They're not free per se. E* is just forcing everyone to pay $5.99 / month which is included in the price you pay per month.
In the past they were optional with some packs and mandatory with others (120+ comes to mind).

They should have kept it optional, that way if there is a dispute, you just remove the locals from the pack until the dispute is resolved. Also if you happen to be a mover (ie you're in CA and "moved" to IA) you could use the 5.99 to open a second "locals only" account.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)