Are My BBC'S Going Bad

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

bk63ross

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Nov 6, 2004
San Francisco
I have been getting searching for sat signal error messages the last few days when I tune in to specific HD channels the latest DSCHD yesterday wanting to record "In The Shadow Of The Moon" but was still able to watch Monday Night Raw on USAHD. Funny thing is when I do a soft reset red button in front of HR21 everything comes back up. There are no switches involved just the direct lines from sat down to a wall plate with rated barrel connectors to receiver. Could it be the BBC'S?

I have been getting searching for sat signal error messages the last few days when I tune in to specific HD channels the latest DSCHD yesterday wanting to record "In The Shadow Of The Moon" but was still able to watch Monday Night Raw on USAHD. Funny thing is when I do a soft reset red button in front of HR21 everything comes back up. There are no switches involved just the direct lines from sat down to a wall plate with rated barrel connectors to receiver. Could it be the BBC'S?
Probably NOT the bbc's
Check channel 480 and 481.
You should see a confirmation at the bottom of the screen.

Jimbo

One of my BBCs crapped out recently. I found that MPEG4 stations were not coming in correctly (conveniently at the start of D*'s Free Premium Weekend) and luckily from reading all sorts of stuff on this site I knew about the MPEG2/4 differences, and I put in a Rev. C BBC that came in with my HR20 and it solved it.

Called Tech Support again last night and she said my LNB's may be going bad. We checked the Test Channels 490 and 491 and in fact I later checked 490-495 and all came in fine. They are sending me 2 replacement BBC's and will see what happens next.

Called Tech Support again last night and she said my LNB's may be going bad. We checked the Test Channels 490 and 491 and in fact I later checked 490-495 and all came in fine. They are sending me 2 replacement BBC's and will see what happens next.

The test channels you checked look at the LNB's , the ones I mentioned check the BBC's (480,481).

Jimbo

99A 103A & 103B No signal

The test channels you checked look at the LNB's , the ones I mentioned check the BBC's (480,481).

Jimbo

I tried these and I get searching for signal 771.
We just re-tuned and got 101,110,119 hitting some good numbers.

101 94-100%
110 97-89% I worked on that one for a while and that was the best it got.
119 92-100%

we have a slim line 5 LNB dish. we just recently lost our High Def Channels.

Is the Ka/Ku LNB junk? (whatever handles the 99 & 103 Satellite)???

I thought our H21 could be the problem but when I tuned we could not get anything from 99 / 103 while everything else was fabulous! (96-100 Gee whiz! thats Great!! )

HELP!!! I'm going insane!! :eek:

I tried these and I get searching for signal 771.
We just re-tuned and got 101,110,119 hitting some good numbers.

101 94-100%
110 97-89% I worked on that one for a while and that was the best it got.
119 92-100%

we have a slim line 5 LNB dish. we just recently lost our High Def Channels.

Is the Ka/Ku LNB junk? (whatever handles the 99 & 103 Satellite)???

I thought our H21 could be the problem but when I tuned we could not get anything from 99 / 103 while everything else was fabulous! (96-100 Gee whiz! thats Great!! )

HELP!!! I'm going insane!! :eek:

The 99/103 is where the new mpeg4 stuff is coming from, it's a much tighter band, it will probably need to be fine tuned, particularlly if you have good signals on all the other sats, btw, your 110 signal is fine.

Have you seen the video's on how to fine tune the Slimline yet ?
It may be on the site here, but originally came from one of the sat companies (independant sales) websites.

Fine tuning will do the trick I bet, unless it is an LNB, but I think your close.

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)