Are there ever any DIRT members around anymore?

Unless a site admin or staff is made aware of that, it will remain that way unless Lalia changes it (presuming she still visits). Scott Greczkowski or someone can, and did, remove her from the DIRT group though. Her avatar/username could confuse people

View attachment 127976

but she's not listed in RED or on the staff member page so no one should stumble across her info and think she's part of DIRT anymore.
Well, my problem came a couple of months ago when I tried to resume a private conversation that I had started with Laila S. a couple of months prior to that. Since I was replying to an existing conversation, I didn't bother to check to see if her name was still red or if she still had the "DISH DIRT TEAM!" below her avatar. I just saw the hours listed in her signature and waited until after her (old) scheduled days, waiting for a response. When I checked back later and finally realized that she was no longer listed in red, I had to wait until another DIRT member was finally online so I could invite him to join the existing conversation. This eventually led to a satisfactory resolution, but my initial confusion just caused needless delay. I just checked again, and now the hours have been removed from Laila's signature, but it still says "Social Media Rep" which could still be confusing.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
Well, my problem came a couple of months ago when I tried to resume a private conversation that I had started with Laila S. a couple of months prior to that. Since I was replying to an existing conversation, I didn't bother to check to see if her name was still red or if she still had the "DISH DIRT TEAM!" below her avatar. I just saw the hours listed in her signature and waited until after her (old) scheduled days, waiting for a response. When I checked back later and finally realized that she was no longer listed in red, I had to wait until another DIRT member was finally online so I could invite him to join the existing conversation. This eventually led to a satisfactory resolution, but my initial confusion just caused needless delay. I just checked again, and now the hours have been removed from Laila's signature, but it still says "Social Media Rep" which could still be confusing.
I have logged into her account, changed the avatar, deleted her signature, and turned off the ability to send her a PM. I'll be doing this with the rest of the former agents throughout the afternoon.

Well, my problem came a couple of months ago when I tried to resume a private conversation that I had started with Laila S
Yeah, I realized that those with previous interaction with her could run into this and not realize she was gone or if someone searched and ran across a comment from her in an older thread, they may contact her without knowing she's no longer part of that group. Matt took care of that now though... ;)

Reactions: pattykay
I have logged into her account, changed the avatar, deleted her signature, and turned off the ability to send her a PM. I'll be doing this with the rest of the former agents throughout the afternoon.
She said that she misses all the SatGuys too!
Thanks, Zach and Matt! Could one of you also post a current schedule for the remaining DIRT members in the "Contacting DIRT" thread? Otherwise, I see no reason to leave that thread as a sticky, since the last schedule posted there is horribly outdated.

Reactions: KAB and peggy97850
Thanks, Zach and Matt! Could one of you also post a current schedule for the remaining DIRT members in the "Contacting DIRT" thread? Otherwise, I see no reason to leave that thread as a sticky, since the last schedule posted there is horribly outdated.
I came up with a better idea. Instead of posting the schedule in the existing thread, it would be less cluttered to just start a new thread with the new schedule. Suggested thread title: "Contacting DIRT - new schedule info (updated mm/dd/yy)" ***
***change the date in the thread title each time a new schedule is posted

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts