Are you planning to upgrade to the iPhone 15

Since Apple is reportedly raising the model purchase price by 10%, it takes some of the sting out.
For people who don't know how to do better trading stocks, within the Apple payment system there is a way to boost the 3% to 7.15%, theoretically. I do not use this because I have taken the 3% cash back as cash to spend. But if you want to get more in savings, you can accumulate the cash back in a 4.15% Goldman Sachs savings account automatically. Then let that compound for a pretty good rate of return.

Raising price (Rumor until next week) of the latest iphone 15 Pro Max is not just greed because Apple has also added improved features that gives you more bang for your buck. I'm not referring to different colors or even adding the Thunderbolt connection. What is new is the A17 processor (also Rumor until next Tuesday).

Looking back I actually paid more for my iphone 11 ProMax.
  • iPhone 11 Pro Max (64GB) – $1,099
  • iPhone 11 Pro Max (256GB) – $1,249
  • iPhone 11 Pro Max (512GB) -$1,449
In retrospect, it was a mistake for me to buy the 512GB version because I never needed or used that much, 256GB would have been adequate. So the new iphone 15 Pro Max comes with 256GB for $1199 (Rumor) which is lower than what the 11 sold at.

My point was that you thought you were being shorted on performance because you had misidentified the units of measure on your transfer rates. 4GBps is rather close to 40Gbps in terms of speed and perhaps what you should expect in real-world performance.
Give it up! It was a f'n typo of letter case. I know what a byte or a bit is. Sorry I'm not as perfect a typist as you.

Am I going to upgrade to an iPhone 15? No.

I am happy with my iPhone 8 which I bought used on eBay. And even if I wanted a 15 I can't afford to pay $1000 (or whatever the price ends up being).

But if you want to get more in savings, you can accumulate the cash back in a 4.15% Goldman Sachs savings account automatically.
Your math is wrong!

You're only making 4.15% on the 3% cash back, not the original purchase price. If you buy a $1,200 phone, you should get $36 cash back. If you deposit that money at 4.15%, that nets you an additional $1.49/year. 7.15% would be $85.80.

I know what a byte or a bit is.
My beef isn't about your typing. It is about your position that you're not getting anywhere near the speeds that you should theoretically be getting when you're actually getting pretty close to a practical Vmax.

If you're expecting 40Gbps and you're getting 4GBps, that's as close to full speed as you can probably hope for and it is much faster than any Wi-fi or Ethernet connection that you're going to experience on a typical desktop computer.

Full-drive backups take forever no matter what medium you use these days. That's why they invented incremental backups. Unfortunately with Windows, the utility of incremental backups on system drives is limited as so many files are changing all the time.

Your math is wrong!

You're only making 4.15% on the 3% cash back, not the original purchase price. If you buy a $1,200 phone, you should get $36 cash back. If you deposit that money at 4.15%, that nets you an additional $1.49/year. 7.15% would be $85.80.
You really do have a reading comprehension problem! I never said I get 4.15% on the price of the purchase. I said GS has a savings account where you can get 4.15% on the cash back. Sheesh!

Let me do the real math for you:

Say you use the Apple card to buy an Apple product that will be $1200. Now you pay for it with the Apple time payment plan that is 24 months at 0% interest. 1200 / 24 = $50 monthly payment 3% x $50 = $1.50 you deposit in that GS account rather than take the cash to spend. At the end of the month you earn 4.15% / 12 x $1.50 = .00519 interest for that month. Your cash back now has a balance for the second month of $1.505 ( using rounding). Note: the actual payment will be higher due to taxes that do not qualify for the 3% cash back.

You don't collect the 3% of the full purchase price up front on a time payment plan. Only when you pay for the product up front. The beauty of the monthly compounding formula is that over the term of the loan the rule for compound interest or earning interest on interest actually results in a higher rate than the base 4.15%. Interest is always computed on an annual % rate so monthly you need to divide the % by 12.

Only each person can decide the options of whether to pay cash, pay with Apple card and pay the bill on the billing cycle for 3% on the purchase price or put the 3% on the monthly payment into a compounding monthly savings plan.

Usually I would take the cash back out each month because I have a way to get monthly compounding at 7% plus stock growth rate of 16% using a DRIP plan. But that is just me. I rarely pay cash for anything and work the cash back schemes and 0% interest wherever they are offered. It adds up.

I only use the Apple Card when I get 3% cash back while other cash back cards offer 2% except store cards like Amazon Prime that get 5%. I never carry a balance unless it is at 0% like Apple purchases. It's quite the deal Apple made with GS and I understand GS wants out but are bound by contract. When that contract is up we'll see what is offered then.

My beef isn't about your typing. It is about your position that you're not getting anywhere near the speeds that you should theoretically be getting when you're actually getting pretty close to a practical Vmax.

If you're expecting 40Gbps and you're getting 4GBps, that's as close to full speed as you can probably hope for and it is much faster than any Wi-fi or Ethernet connection that you're going to experience on a typical desktop computer.

Full-drive backups take forever no matter what medium you use these days. That's why they invented incremental backups. Unfortunately with Windows, the utility of incremental backups on system drives is limited as so many files are changing all the time.
:deadhorse:facepalm:facepalm

within the Apple payment system there is a way to boost the 3% to 7.15%, theoretically.
You really do have a reading comprehension problem! I never said I get 4.15% on the price of the purchase.
You said that you could get 7.15% cash back, theoretically. That's not the case.

You can boost your $36 cash back to $37.49 which works out to be 3.12% cash back after the first year.

Only a couple more hours before we'll know the truth as to what will be offered and how much it will cost for the iphone 15.

Latest rumor is that the iphone 15 Pro Max will be delayed until the end of October. :(
The iphone Pro Max will not get the highest resolution camera to compete with Samsung until next year. :( :(
The price will still be $100 more and base model will only be 128GB, not 256GB. :( :(

Might need to fork over a few more bucks if true but regardless there will be quite a few other improvements for me to still upgrade. Back when I bought the 11 Pro Max, I said 5G was too new to invest yet in it so I would wait until it is wide spread and today it is at least around here. Wife's 12 uses it all the time and it is much faster. That and the 3nm processor, battery life still is worth the wait for the 15 Pro Max.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiP1l7jlIIA

Reactions: Ilya
Probably won’t watch it- likely on the road then. Might wait for a summary.