Are you planning to upgrade to the iPhone 15

Ordered the Ultra 2 for delivery 22nd.

Not going to Apple store. Made that mistake the last time and it was a line with police security directing traffic.

I was surprised by double tap too. Hadn't heard of that in the rumor videos. Other than that everything was as expected except I could order it today.

iphone 15 Pro Max
Decided to go with 512GB after doing some match for the new video Pro res sizes. It was only $8 more per month

Surprises:
10x zoom range with 5X on the one optical 120mm focal length.
Amazing image stabilization and slo mo.
Big surprise for me- turn the phone horizontal and it will shoot special video for 3D. Not sure if this will replace my other 3D camcorders but will retire my gimbals for stabilization built in.
in 2024 console gaming coming to the ProMax and ability to use gaming controllers.
Rumor that the price would be $100 more than last year was not true. Same pricing as iPhone 14 Pro Max. I got $300 off on 11 ProMax trade-in.

Tried to order but was "not available." :( I may have missed the order date being Friday. Need to review the video again.*

I'm going with monthly payments for 0% interest and 3% cash back on everything

*edit: Yes the iphones can't be ordered until Friday the 15th.

FYI- Apple collects the sales tax upfront on the full price rather than tack it on each monthly payment like they did in the past. The good news for me is they don't require Apple Care+ for Apple card credit payments. I've had my problems with that in the past.

Reactions: Ilya
I do like the addition of Roadside Assistance by Satellite. We've got a lot of rural areas where I live with very poor cell reception. That peace of mind is a nice addition.

I most likely will spring for the Pro Max. The difference in price isn't that much versus the iPhone 15 Plus and I like the ability to record directly to USB drives, etc. Spatial Video seems cool too.

Reactions: Ilya and TheForce
I like the ability to record directly to USB drives, etc.
That has some interesting possibilities but currently I see this as mostly a studio feature. Maybe a cable to an NVMe M.2 storage stick with USB C enclosure in the pocket. Said the transfer rate will be 10Gb per second for Raw video at 48Mpixels 4K60fps. I believe StarTech makes an enclosure fast enough.

Apple stock is taking a hit on a lie that Apple raised it's price on the Pro Max. The idiots compared 256GB with 128GB phones. I actually got a lower price on the half TB model than what I paid back for the 11 Pro Max by $200. Wall Street wants to short the stock even if they have to fabricate fake news to do it.

IMG_2109.jpeg

Reactions: klang
Wonder how much the special USB C cable will be for it?
So far there are still only rumors. Expect it to be much more than the regular $19.99 USB C cable as it has the extra smarts to enable fast data and charging.

Given that they claim that this cable will be required to shoot in the highest quality video modes (ProRes), I expect it to be more expensive than otherwise.

So far there are still only rumors. Expect it to be much more than the regular $19.99 USB C cable as it has the extra smarts to enable fast data and charging.

Given that they claim that this cable will be required to shoot in the highest quality video modes (ProRes), I expect it to be more expensive than otherwise.
$69 for starters... Thunderbolt 4 (USB-C) Pro Cable (1 m)

I skipped 13 and 14, but I think it’s time to upgrade. I will be getting 15 Pro Max. Coming from 12 Pro Max, for me, the main advantages are:
  • Better camera for both photo and video.
  • 5x optical zoom, with better stabilization
  • USB 3.0
  • Bluetooth 5.3
  • Longer lasting battery
  • Brighter display
  • Always on
  • Slightly lower weight

Apple Vision Pro Gets a Release Date

Apple Event - May 7, 2024 (New iPads!)