• Parents divorced & it was hell for me & other kids

Votes: 3 5.4%
  • Parents divorced & is was pretty bad for me & other kids

Votes: 5 8.9%
  • Parents divorced & it wasn't so bad for me & other kids

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Parents divorced & it was pretty easy on me & other kids

Votes: 3 5.4%
  • Parents divorced & it hardly affected the children, as all were out of the nest

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Parents divorced & it was hard on the kids, even though they were all out of the nest

Votes: 1 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

navychop

Member of the Month - July 2014!
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 20, 2005
Northern VA
Per an idea given me by Iceberg: Are your parents divorced? Was it unpleasant for YOU (never mind them)? What happened & when?

-Parents never married
-Parents never divorced
-Parents divorced & it was hell for me & other kids
-Parents divorced & it was pretty bad for me & other kids
-Parents divorced & it wasn't so bad for me & other kids
-Parents divorced & it was pretty easy on me & other kids
-Parents divorced & it hardly affected the children, as all were out of the nest
-Parents divorced & it was hard on the kids, even though they were all out of the nest

In my case, it happened long after we all had moved out. Both parents have passed now.

And I won't start any more polls like this today!

Parents just "celebrated" their 20th anniversary divorce :D

Parents separated in 88 and divorced in 89. I was 13 and my sister was 9. Wasnt the best for anyone. Sadly both parents played the "other parent is brainwashing you" game on us for a while. I really didnt get along with my dad so I didnt want to go for visitation but had to for the first little bit. Then I said "I dont want to go to dad's" so then it was the "oh your mother is brainwashing you" line on me.

Heck I didnt talk to my dad for almost 10 years because of that. We talk now dang near everyday

But my mom & dad will not talk to each other unless "forced" to (for lack of a better term). Since we all live in the same town and my mom remarried in 90 and my dad has a live in girlfriend, once in a while they see each other but they rarely say hi to each other

makes things like my grandparents 50th wedding anniversary (when they both were invited even though that was 5 years ago) and my nieces birthdays just a trip. You walk into my sisters house and on one side of the living room is my mom, stepdad and half brother and on the other side of the room is my dad, his girlfriend, and his mom. When my grandparents (mom's mom & dad) show up, they talk to both sides which is always interesting.

My dad has fun with it now. Things like "tell your mother I said Merry Christmas" when I leave his house on X-Mas Eve to go to my moms or "tell your mother I said happy anniversary" on the day of their wedding anniversary. That one is always humerous.

Well, at least he remembers the anniversary! ;)

My Parents are still married. They did what I did . Got married later in life. They also passed that advice onto me.

my folks have been married for 33 years and i've been married for 10 years. both marriages still going strong.

My parents finally split up for good when I was 15. Best thing for us. My mother was pretty selfish in her ways, so it was good for me and my dad when she left.
My younger brother went with her, but moved back in with me and my dad a year later.

Now, everyone is pretty cordial with one another. There was never any fireworks beyond my mother being selfish and unable to settle in one place.

married 40+ years, and me 20+ years and only 39 hehe

My parents are dead...

(and for the 'few' who like to PM me personal attacks about my own divorce...no, I didn't kill them...)

I hope we've all put on good parties for our parent's 50th. We did for my in-laws.

My Parent's have been married for 30+ years. Me and my wife, 3 years. Not one single divorce on either side of my family actually. We're a bunch of stubborn and dedicated folks.

My parents never divorced, but my dad is remarried now after my mom passed about 5 years ago.

Looks like there's more success in marriage than is generally publicized.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts