Argh!! My timer disappeared!!

sktrus

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 4, 2020
Ken ta kee
I just checked. I use 37 timers and PTAT. One of them mysteriously disappeared since last Friday. The timer is for The Late Show with Stephen Colbert on CBS. It was fine til yesterday. Today, the latest episode from last night doesn't exist.
I looked at Schedule and Timers. Nope, not listed. Normally, I wouldn't fuss too much and redo it. But, the Boss was the guest last night. The wifey is a big fan. I didn't have the heart to tell her.

Hopper3 has 16 tuners. No power outage last night. My limited knowledge doesn't help me to figure it out.

Any thoughts?

Same happened to me last night; missed Springsteen. Set up a manual timer for tonight's Colbert this morning since it wouldn't let me do a new series timer and sometime this afternoon the original timer got restored.

idk.gif

Reactions: charlesrshell
yes DJ; same problem with trying to record series yesterday. When I selected that show from Guide, there was no option for Series. Very strange. I had to fool with it until I managed. As far as I know, my leased Hopper3 works fine. I believe I have the latest firmware update.
I don't think there is anything I can do on my part to prevent this from happening again.
giphy.gif

I'd like to share what I noticed with my recording issue last night. I was checking my DVR for Stephen Colbert's show. Two recordings were listed with the same name!
In the past, few one hour shows were somehow split into two. One would be 8-12 minutes, the other would show the remaining time. 50-53 or whatever. In this case, the first showed 1 hr and 11 minutes, the second matched my preference, one minute early and additional 2 minutes. So, I watched the second listing. Hopper3 played it without any glitch. Then, I decided to view the first recording. no problem at all.
I got confused since this didn't make any sense at all. Both recordings started at the same time from the same channel.
I went back to my Timer list, and checked all of my timers. I noticed the original 'Colbert show' recording (which was gone from that list few days ago) reappeared on the same spot. 6th out of 37. details list showed 'only new'. The new timer I created showed 'Mon-Fri'. Nothing is wrong there. For some reason, I chose 'mon-fri' over 'new only'.
Hopper3 somehow recorded the same show twice since it was listed twice! I would have expected it to give me a warning.
So, I ended up deleting the original timer.
image1.jpeg
image0.jpeg

• Wow

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)