Art Shell is fired (again)

They certainly didnt give him much of a chance this time. But he has never impressed me anyway. Maybe Al Davis thought that an old offensive lineman could teach people how to pass protect? Silly idea I guess. Their QB spent most of the season on his back.

I heard that Art Shell actually quit.

He was fired. I heard the report yesterday on KNBR, they said Art and his agent were called for a meeting with Al Davis and was expected to be fired. Al Davis needs to retire and go take care of his grandchildren, he's the cancer of the Raiders.

He was supposed to resign today but I don't guess Davis gave him the opportunity to do it.

If you remember last year, they could get no-one to interview for the raiders job, that team is is disaray. The one carrot they may be able to dangle in front of a coach is a number one pick...But I doubt that will make a diffrence

Espn changed the headline on me. I guess they got there story wrong.

You are right fired/stepped down; its all the same.

Here is the quote yesterday direct from the Raiders, not the media which are now updating their stories:

Al Davis and Art Shell met today and discussed the 2006 football season. While Art will no longer serve as head coach, he and Mr. Davis have discussed and will continue to discuss opportunities for Art to remain a valued member of the Raider organization.

I can't believe that Al Davis would let a once great historic winning franchise like the Raiders get this bad.

It's been only 4 years since they been to the Superbowl, how can they get that bad in such a short period of time.

They are now lumped in the same class as the Cardinals and Lions as worst teams in the NFL.

I for one was hoping Art Shell could turn this once proud franchise around, but with Al as the boss they'll keep going down.:(

lol the Raiders must be bad cause I just found out about Art getting canned in this forum a week after it happened. I listen the espn during most days too.
My condolences to any Raider fan out there. Hopefully the hamburglar will get out soon so someone with a clue can lead them again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)