As an existing Diretv customer, can I take advantage of the new D* offers?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

insomniahead

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 29, 2007
It seems like a couple months ago exisitng cumstomers were calling in and getting some kind of rebate or special that they were offereing new customers. Am I too late on that deal? I can't remmeber what it was but it seemed everyone was doing it at the time. Thanks for your help.

It seems like a couple months ago exisitng cumstomers were calling in and getting some kind of rebate or special that they were offereing new customers. Am I too late on that deal? I can't remmeber what it was but it seemed everyone was doing it at the time. Thanks for your help.
Call 1-800-531-5000 and ask what offers you qualify for. If you can't remember how are we supposed to guess what you want?:):):)

tell them you want some deals or you may cancle. Try emailing from d website they will send you a replay with an 800 number and a pin number for retension

fair warning that over the last six months or so directv has gotten very tight on deals for many situations.

Never hurts to try, but don't expect much.

They seam to have customers on a teared level status. I've had their service for 3 years and have the premium plan. I called and got a brand new HR 21 for free. They said I was a premium customer so they could do that.

The real question is this: How long do you have left on your commitment?

If you're free and clear, then they'll give you whatever a new customer gets. You'd have to bitch about it, even threaten to cancel (you might do well to talk to the actual cancellation department, they can do more than your run-of-the-mill CSR)

If you still have some time left on your comitment, wait until it's over, and then talk to them.

Make sure to get the HD-DVR, not just the HD reciever. You'll regret it if you don't.

technically you can get out of a current contract with the recent price increases without paying a cancellation fee b/c those prices were not in your original contract....though it may be too late for this. what i mean is that nearly everyone could cancel.
just call and ask what they can do for you.

Status
Please reply by conversation.