Status
Please reply by conversation.

eaglevision993

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 27, 2015
Heidelberg, Germany
Hi,
would it be possible to wire 2 Titanium ASC 1 Positioners in parallel to control one actuator for azimuth and one for elevation and thereby create a cheap ( in comparson to other systems like Nitec Egis etc.) and easy to use, Diseqc compatibe dual axis controller?

The setup would looks something like this: From the receiver, the LNB input wire goes to a splitter. One output is connected to one ASC1 and looped through it to the LNB like usual, the first ASC one also controls the polarizer like always. The other splitter output goes to the 2nd ASC1 which controls a second ( elevation) actuator. Will the Disecq command be understood by 2 ASC1 at the same time? Any other problems in sight....

Just a thought I had this evening....

Reactions: Titanium
To receive inclined satellites with a standard polar mount, some hobbyists replace the elevation bolt with an actuator and use a 2nd controller to position for the declined orbit.

I have installed 12" - 18" actuators on customers dishes controlled with a cheap Gbox or Vbox. The elevation actuator is kept at "0" position for normal arc tracking them offset and saved for inclined satellites.

Reactions: iBoston
Hello, could someone please post a picture of this setup I'm really interested to see how that works, thanks.

Never took any photos of the customers elevation actuator mounts, but many online photos are available. Google images using terms: "inclined, orbit, actuator"

This drawing shows the replacement of the elevation bolt with a linear actuator.
859093c34b45f56f6c7845f142093c93.jpg

Reactions: KE4EST
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)