Status
Please reply by conversation.

Magic Static

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 12, 2010
Montana
I bought 4 of these ASC1s. 3 were to replace VBoxes on AJAK H180s. So far I am unable to get these to count correctly on the AJAK.
I realize there may be many contributing factors, so to save some time I thought someone could turn the light on at the end of the tunnel for me and verify they have an ASC1 working with the AJAK H-H motor. I don't have any issues with the VBox counting but the ASC1 isn't getting it even close.

Give me a call as I need to know more about your set-up. Haven't heard any reports other than yours about the AJAKs. These are original units, correct?

I suppose that they are loaded with recent firmware?

Brian Gohl
Titanium Satellite

These are original units with the latest firmware. But don't worry about it, I got it under control :)

What does the return signal look like from the sensors? Approximately what frequency and resolution?

Any correlation between movement speed and lost counts?

Does the issue occur after repeated and or random moves or do the counts lose sync in a single move?

Does sync loss occur when single stepping the motor?

Brian Gohl
Titanium Satellite

These are original units with the latest firmware. But don't worry about it, I got it under control :)

Now, it's not fair to say that without telling us WHY it didn't work, and why it is now "under control"...

Even if it was something stupid, it's worth spilling the beans. I PROMISE I won't laugh (too hard...)

Magic Static, Your 4 new units are prepped and ready to go out Monday. You will SOON have more ASC1's than you will know what to do with. Maybe propping open chicken coop doors! :eek:

I am also curious if this is under control.... Really?

Now, it's not fair to say that without telling us WHY it didn't work, and why it is now "under control"...

Even if it was something stupid, it's worth spilling the beans. I PROMISE I won't laugh (too hard...)
Lacking technical expertise, I applied an administrative solution. No more problem :) Sorry, no neat tricks to reveal.

Did several hours of testing with Magic Static yesterday and found a few major differences between pulses generated by a regular actuator and the modified sensor on his system. This sensor is using a normally closed switch and all actuators that I am aware of and have previously tested are normally open type switches. The open/close duty percentage is also quite reduced percentage, while operating at a very similar frequency as other sensors. This gives us some research to determine why the AJAK sensor works with some controllers and not others.

For comparison testing, does anyone have an ASC1 connected to an AJAK motor that uses an original sensor?

Does anyone have a spare AJAK to sell or lend?

Truck racer, Are you using an AJAK motor?

Brian Gohl
Titanium Satellite

Last edited:
Brian, if you don't find one to purchase I would be glad to loan you the one on my 1.8m Prodelin for a couple months, I'm not using it now.

I was planning on pulling it down this spring anyway and cleaning it up to put on my 12' Unimesh.

Let me know.

Reactions: sgs
Thank you for the loan offer Phlatwound! So awesome of you! Will see if anyone has one for sale and get back to you shortly. There was one on CL in San Francisco a month ago, but it was gone within a few hours of posting.

Great news Truckracer! Thanks for clarifying.

If anyone else has an ASC1 connected to an AJAK, please provide any feedback on the sensor and counts. The more information the better!

Brian Gohl
Titanium Satellite

I got the new ASC1 today and with a lot of work I installed it on my stock AJAK.(buried in the entertainment center) It ran for 5 minutes just fine and then it took out the sensor. Yep the stock switch apparently died. :( Tried another ASC1 and the GBox on it :( It goes no more. Guess I'm stuck until spring thaw before I can fix it.

I got the new ASC1 today and with a lot of work I installed it on my stock AJAK.(buried in the entertainment center) It ran for 5 minutes just fine and then it took out the sensor. Yep the stock switch apparently died. :( Tried another ASC1 and the GBox on it :( It goes no more. Guess I'm stuck until spring thaw before I can fix it.

Are you sure you didn't maybe just break one of the wires going to the sensor? Sometimes they break up inside the insulation where it's not easy to detect.

Does anyone have a spare AJAK to sell or lend?

Brian Gohl
Titanium Satellite
I also have one to lend, sorry just cant part with it even though its not currently in use since last summer when I got a birdview.

Would not want to stick you with the high cost of shipping the beast either. Although you could do your testing with just the DC motor the way its designed. If you want to know anything about it just ask.

Or you could lend an ASC1 (even if its the old version, I do tons of smd rework and could mod it)and do the tests. I dont have a scope but I do have a 8-bit logic analyzer. Would just buy one, but plan on getting rid of the corotor as soon as amc1 is gone for good.

Thanks for all you do for the fta community just trying to return the favor.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)