ASC1 and AJAK

Status
Please reply by conversation.
:):) The ASC1 and my modded AJAK sensor are in love. I found a NO switch that the ASC1 is very happy with. Running 45% on time 55% off. Pattern looks clean on my scope. Now that I got this thing on track, I'm going to take it places :)

Sounds like a winner Magic Static..Curious what FW version is in your ASC1 that you are using with the modded AJAK sensor ?..I will be tinkering with my AJAK very soon.

Thanks.

Sounds like a winner Magic Static..Curious what FW version is in your ASC1 that you are using with the modded AJAK sensor ?..I will be tinkering with my AJAK very soon.

Thanks.
It's the latest firmware. :) It was already loaded on it when I got it

Well now I'm really stoked! I shifted my AJAK into high gear :) Installed a 20 count per degree sensor and the ASC1 is right on. I now have 25/1000th of a degree accuracy on the AJAK.

OK, racked my brains on this one for weeks after talking with Magic Static...

We used to carry capacitors to install on actuators with noisy spikes that would cause havoc with the sensors and counts. For the life of me, I could not remember the value of terminals. Found an old notebook that I carried around in the truck (back in the day) and found these notes:

If the sensor counts display correct, but the motor is falling short of the correct position, extra pulses are being logged. Use a shielded cable with the electrical drain wire connected to ground or/and install a .01uf 50V capacitor across the motor M1/M2 terminals at the actuator.

If the counts display correct, but the motor is overshooting the correct position, pulses are being lost. Check for correct sensor spacing from magnet, broken magnet or if the magnet wheel was replaced, could be the wrong type.

Last edited:
Titanium, If you do come up with an AJAK for testing or use, let me know and I will send you one of my sensors and you can see what I see first hand :)

Sometimes a optical pulser is a better solution , some positioners can handle them .
At the time i am modifying a Ajak H2H for use with Usals , adding a 40 pulse/ 1 degree ( standard for Usals) rotating pulswheel to the original 5 magnet pulswheel with optical sensor .
No need for the reedswitch .
This optical sensor is connected to the circuitboard of a Moteck SG2100 diseqc motor , the motor-leads of that board connected to a contactor interface to feed the Ajak motor by a separate 36V adapter .
Not on the roof yet but works very well on the testbench .

Attachments

• Ajak org. 5 magnet pulswheel.jpg
    Ajak org. 5 magnet pulswheel.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 205
  • Ajak Usals pulswheel.jpg
    Ajak Usals pulswheel.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 202
Sometimes a optical pulser is a better solution , some positioners can handle them .
At the time i am modifying a Ajak H2H for use with Usals , adding a 40 pulse/ 1 degree ( standard for Usals) rotating pulswheel to the original 5 magnet pulswheel with optical sensor .
This optical sensor is connected to the circuitboard of a Moteck SG2100 diseqc motor , the motor-leads of that board connected to a contactor interface to feed the Ajak motor by a separate 36V adapter .

Very interesting, hope it works out.

Please start a thread and spell out what you did/are doing if you can sometime.

I've thought about the very same thing :) Please do post as phlatwound suggested. I am really interested in the wiring to the SG2100 board too. I have done some mods to that board before.

Hi! Looking forward to development of this Ajak modifications, as from yesterday I am owner of 2 Ajak motors. One of them, according to seller, has only about 1 hour of working time, another one has something broken, perhaps engine.

There is picture of my new toys :)

Attachments

• 20140404_082934 (Custom).jpg
    20140404_082934 (Custom).jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 207
The asc-1 does not like the reed sensors in my dish motors. I been busy and put them on hold for now.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

The asc-1 does not like the reed sensors in my dish motors. I been busy and put them on hold for now.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

@ truckracer : What type and brand motors do you use ?

To all : Does anyone have pictures from the Ajak Patriot inside for me .

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)