ASC1 DiSEqC 1.2 Positioner - New Loader / Editor Software Version 1.7

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Titanium

AI6US
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
May 23, 2013
Meadow Vista, Northern California
The latest version of the ASC1 Loader / Editor is available for download.

76439-b860ed7774164b91de14202515d366b8.jpg Download

ASC1 Loader Editor version 1.7 is a major update for Loader, Satellite List management and PC compatibility. This loader will also support up to 200 DiSEqC 1.2 satellite motor and polarity skew offset positions in a future firmware release.

Important Notice: ASC1 Loader/Editor version 1.7 will only read and write firmware versions 20140702v1 and later. Version 1.7 will not write earlier firmware versions. Version 1.7 will not read or write Satellite lists from the ASC1 if it is loaded with firmware version before 20140702v1. Once this firmware is loaded, only Loader/Editor version 1.7 and higher will read and write Satellite Lists. Previous Satellite Lists are compatible and can be edited and loaded with version 1.7.

Reactions: KE4EST and T134
I used this loader to update the firmware no problem. I can import my satellite list and edit it but it will not write the list to the ASC1. I always get "ERROR! Please restart the ASC1 and PC software"

Something is either wrong with the list data or the ASC1 was not Master Powered OFF after a previous read or write of firmware or satellite data.

See if the list exceeds the 99 positions, the satellite name column character count exceeds 14 alpha-numeric spaces on any row or additional data in any other field. Does 1.7 read and write the default list included with 20140702v1?

Have been working with this Loader/Editor version for about two months along with 6 other testers, editing, extracting and loading multiple dozens of satellite lists. We have had no similar reports. If you continue to experience problems with your list, please email me the satellite list for review.

I'd like to see the list also, if you can get it to work.

Something is either wrong with the list data or the ASC1 was not Master Powered OFF after a previous read or write of firmware or satellite data.

See if the list exceeds the 99 positions, the satellite name column character count exceeds 14 alpha-numeric spaces on any row or additional data in any other field. Does 1.7 read and write the default list included with 20140702v1?

Have been working with this Loader/Editor version for about two months along with 6 other testers, editing, extracting and loading multiple dozens of satellite lists. We have had no similar reports. If you continue to experience problems with your list, please email me the satellite list for review.
It was a list I have loaded before. There was no default list included with the new firmware. I downloaded it twice to be sure. I downloaded your sat lists from your site and tried them, but all attempts are the same thing "write error" I tried a different computer. I tried another global reset. I can read from the ASC1 no problem. I will try and download the loader program again. Should I try to reload the firmware?

Well I've double checked it all. It doesn't make sense. It won't even write what it reads from the ASC1. I reinstalled the program. I reinstalled the firmware. Master power off and resets. Tried different cables, computers. It isn't going to write to 'ol #13. I'm about to the end of my rope with this thing. I've done everything you can do to these ASC1s except control a satellite dish.

Did many, many, many hours of testing with the firmware and loader, many phone calls with Magic Static and could not replicate. I did note that the above CSV file contained Satellite Name cells that exceeded 14 characters and some rows were not uniform in the data layout. Nothing that prevented loading in my testing, but still were data configuration problems. If you use notepad, Excel or other text based editor, be sure that the data is properly formatted to avoid potential error.

During the previous failed attempts to load the CSV satellite list file, Magic Static was using a USB/serial convertor device. He continued testing and found that the USB convertor was causing the error. He is now successfully and repeatedly loading the satellite list using a computer with serial port. We have determined that there is a compatibility issue with his USB convertor/driver. Loader version 1.7 is compiled using the most recent Microsoft libraries, so we are unsure why his convertor (with current release driver) is not completely compatible. I wish that USB/Serial convertors were not so problematic, but this is the reality of using convertors... :( I provided the engineer with the device and driver information and we are attempting to determine if this is a Microsoft library or device/driver implementation problem.

A few important things to note:
* Read the release notes BEFORE installing Version 1.7
* DO NOT install the new 1.7 Loader in the same folder as the previous 1.6 and .DLL library files
* Follow ALL of the installation steps with no shortcuts
* The firmware (like the original factory firmware) has no preinstalled satellite names list and requires the user to program or load a custom satellite naming list.

Update: July 26, 2014

There are known incompatibilities with Loader version 1.7 and several brands of USB/Serial Converter Drivers. We will release an updated loader version very shortly to address this issue. Loader version 1.7 is confirmed with WinXP and Win7 with onboard serial ports. Also works fine on several bench Win8 PCs, but have a report that it did not on a customers Win8 laptop. We need more information on their serial device and drivers before we can determine any Win8 issue.

Reactions: KE4EST
I suspect the Prolific based USB -> Serial devices are ok?

I use one for most of my ham radio needs, programming controllers etc and have had very few issues. I even use a newer laptop with windoze 7 with the device, the O/S seems to already have the driver.

Been looking for a motherboard with serial ports (new), I don't think there is anything available anymore!

Reactions: riz-la
Prolific USB/Serial Convertors operation varies between machines and drivers. 1.7 is using the most recent MS libraries, so working backwards to identify convertor compliance issues and find the common ground between 5 different popular products. Been many days and nights of testing and compiling, but we are making progress to support all USB/Serial convertors on all WIN versions..

Is v1.6 around somewhere? I messed up the DLL files when transferring to a new directory for the 1.7 install...
Oops.
Realized I had not saved the existing sat list file before updating.

The ASC1 Loader Editor version 1.6 is available but was hiding at: www.titaniumsatellite.com/downloads/asc1/ASC1_LoaderEditor_v1.6.zip

Update: Loader version 1.8 is looking very promising with the half dozen various USB/Serial adapters that I have in my collection using WINXP and WIN7! We have noted that if FIFO is disabled in the USB/Serial convertors port, the compatibility factor goes way up! Some tidbit to file away for the next time one of these USB/Serial converters doesnt want to play nice with your computer. :)

Reactions: Cham
i kept having issues installing this on my friend's computer running xp.
it kept having errors during install saying different files could not be located, so i brought it back home, dug out a spare hard drive, and installed windows 7.
first time i've had windows on any of my machines in quite a few years.
i feel sorta yucky and traitorish:eek:;) lol, but it worked flawlessly.
the new firmware seems a lot smoother than what i had on here before,

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)