ASC1 Setup with 3 Receivers

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Chewie

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 12, 2009
California
Hello Gents
I am looking for Ideas on how to setup my ASC1 with 3 receivers, right now the ASC1 is setup as stand alone.
My dish has ortho mode setup, 2 lnb's for ku-band and 2 lnb's for C-band they are connected to a 4x8 multi-switch, how can I connect all 3 receivers to the ASC1 to drive the dish, I only going to use one receiver at the time and not all 3 at once.
Is it safe? I don't want to harm any parts involved with the setup.
Please let me know.
Regards.
Tunder

Attachments

• ASC1 SETUP.jpg
    ASC1 SETUP.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 209
Well, there are two sorts of solution to this: the serial way, and the parallel way, I guess.

The parallel way being: 'splitting' directly after the three receivers in a RF-line and a 22kHz line (I'm not sure what would be the best 2/1 splitters for that: multiplexers, Spaun UniTaps, or other "normal" splitters?);
the three RF-lines going to three outputs of the 4x8 multiswitch;
the three 22kHz lines going to a 3/1 'splitter' (all ports oneway DCblocked, when there is no DCblockage in your first splitters), going to the ASC1 (the ASC1 input maybe with (DC-blocked ~ edit: not necessary!) terminator?)

The serial way being: combining the three receiver inputs to one line, by using priority switches, or a 3/1 all ports oneway DCblocked 'splitter' or so;
the one line going to the ASC1, going on to just one output of the multiswitch.

Each way of course has its advantages and its disadvantages. It's just what you want. I've never setup something like this myself, though.

Of course all the diseqc 1.2 commands of the three receivers should match with the stored positions in the ASC1.

Greetz,
A33

Wow this is really cool! Did not know you could do that. Magic Static can you show us your set up?
Are you using a 4x8 zinwell? How would you connect this to a Zinwell?
What is the fastest way to get all receivers to see the same stored positions in the ASC1?

Wow this is really cool! Did not know you could do that. Magic Static can you show us your set up?
Are you using a 4x8 zinwell? How would you connect this to a Zinwell?
What is the fastest way to get all receivers to see the same stored positions in the ASC1?
I have a coax map because I'm always changing things. Right now it looks like this.
Coaxmap.jpg

Wow man that looks clean. You are running 2 ASC1 feeding 2 HTPC, mini hd and a MicroHD.

Looks like a pain in the ass to build out.

Reactions: MosFET77
Wow man that looks clean. You are running 2 ASC1 feeding 2 HTPC, mini hd and a MicroHD.

Looks like a pain in the ass to build out.
And a Cheap China Box ;) Not a big PITA though. System 2 is all in the same room and the 1.2m dish is just outside the wall of that room. I only have 6 coax cables to the big dish and often change one for a special needs or a test dish. I have an array of of three dishes pointed at 9 circular DBS sats by the c-band dish that isn't connected right now. But if the need arises I can hook it up in a few minutes. I mostly used those for repairing/checking meters and training for a local satellite company.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts