ASC1

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sacket

Original poster
Apr 5, 2013
Ontario
Disconnected my Gbox and hooked up the new ASC1 controller. Runs great, have to program the sat list to the AZBox premium plus HD, there have been a few comments on how to do that.
First the counter was checked moved the dish back and forth from the east actuator limit 0000, to the west actuator limit 0756 several times and the counter was accurate, added a .01 cap at the actuator motor terminals and received errors. The Gbox counted from 0 to 1460 between the actuator limits anyone know why this is?
The AZBox firmware is 0.9.5402, the satellite list has the C band and the KU band satellites separated eg Galaxy 16 KU Band 99.0W, Galaxy 16 C band 99.0W. The AZBox will see two sats here and will have to incorporate this into the ASC1 satellite program, I want 0000 being the east. Can this be done?
The soft e/w limits of the ASC1 have not been programmed, the AZBox has a hate on with that when satellites are programmed in, it will change the soft limits.
Not sure how to go about this programming satellites for compatibility between the two units.
Anyone have a similar problem?

First, there really is no comparison between the two controllers. Totally different boxes. The GBox uses a virtual count doubling technique. That is why the counts are different. To use 0000 on the East end, you will be counting in negative numers 0,-1,-0756 and so on. Using the serial cable you can easily make your sat list the way you need it. Use the same position numbers you use in the GBox, just assign the correct count numbers to them.

If the actuator moved between satellites without count errors when directly connected, then the system does not require motor RF noise filtering that the capacitor provides to noisy motors. Remove the capacitor. Your system must have good signal to noise!

Software East/West limit settings are optional. I never set them in my controllers or STBs as I always make sure to set the mechanical limits on the motor. Yes, that is a problem with the AZBox that has been mentioned before with DiSEqC 1.2 devices. To avoid this issue, make sure that your actuator has the hardware East and West limits set then not program East / West software limits with either the AZBox or the ASC1.

If two satellites use the same orbital slot, simply program your STB with the same DiSEqC position number. Example: In the AZBox Install Menu, 99w KU band might use motor position 20 and 99w C band would have the same DiSEqC motor position number assigned. You do not need to assign two different DiSEqC 1.2 motor positions in the AZBox and the ASC1 if for the same orbital position.

First, there really is no comparison between the two controllers. Totally different boxes. The GBox uses a virtual count doubling technique. That is why the counts are different. To use 0000 on the East end, you will be counting in negative numers 0,-1,-0756 and so on. Using the serial cable you can easily make your sat list the way you need it. Use the same position numbers you use in the GBox, just assign the correct count numbers to them.
Position numbers, yes I get it now, just make them the same, Thanks

Reactions: Magic Static
If the actuator moved between satellites without count errors when directly connected, then the system does not require motor RF noise filtering that the capacitor provides to noisy motors. Remove the capacitor. Your system must have good signal to noise!

Software East/West limit settings are optional. I never set them in my controllers or STBs as I always make sure to set the mechanical limits on the motor. Yes, that is a problem with the AZBox that has been mentioned before with DiSEqC 1.2 devices. To avoid this issue, make sure that your actuator has the hardware East and West limits set then not program East / West software limits with either the AZBox or the ASC1.

If two satellites use the same orbital slot, simply program your STB with the same DiSEqC position number. Example: In the AZBox Install Menu, 99w KU band might use motor position 20 and 99w C band would have the same DiSEqC motor position number assigned. You do not need to assign two different DiSEqC 1.2 motor positions in the AZBox and the ASC1 if for the same orbital position.
OK will try that. Thought that I needed two positions per sat in this case. I am going to really like this unit when I get the hell of it. I moved the dish back and forth limit to limit several times and there was no indication of unit heating none. Thank you.

Reactions: Titanium
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)