AT&T 622HZ (Homezone)

Got serious issue - the 622HZ lost switch matrix data ( huh ! how ? It's storing in NVRAM, BTW ) Friday day time. NO one sat program was available.
Soft reset brought nothing, after cold reboot all data come back and channels become normal.

Homezone Screensaver BUG or whatever.

Homezone allows you to push photos to it for display on your TV. You use a clumsy app called MediaScout to it. You can also use your stored photos as a Screensaver Slide Show. This I thought was kind of cool until I discovered the Slide Show will only display 4:3 on a 16:9 TV making the black stripes on either side unavoidable. I even resized the photos to 1920x1080 hoping to force a full-screen fit. No joy. HZ just Letterboxes them into the 4:3 window.

Another bit of crappy 2Wire programming.

BTW, I am using the 622HZ HD box.

Not sure if AT&T/2WIRE reading the thread, but 622HZ reboot itself while watching Discovery HD one hour ago; absolutely no reason to do that :(
Signal from 129W is OK, in 60s.

...622HZ reboot itself while watching Discovery HD one hour ago; absolutely no reason to do that :(
Signal from 129W is OK, in 60s.

last time i checked most receivers require at least a signal level of 75 to decode the signal correctly. sounds like the your dish might be misaligned

How Big is 622HZ Hard Drive?

AT&T support says it is 320gb and P. Smith, here, says it is 500gb. P. Smith is correct, it is a WD 500gb SATA2, proving once again that is the best place to get CORRECT answers is here.

Now can any one explain why the box only allows 20 hrs of HD recording while its Dish Vip722 500gb counterpart allows 50 hrs? Even a Dish Vip622 with a 320gb drive allows 30 hrs. Seems like they are allowing a whopping 200gb for Movielink, MP3s, and photos that I doubt anyone is really using.

Does it really only allow 20 hours? Or is that just what it shows as available? It may be calculated based on full bitrate MPEG2 HD.

Me too

Does it really only allow 20 hours? Or is that just what it shows as available? It may be calculated based on full bitrate MPEG2 HD.

I assume some of the HD I am recording is MPEG4 and the box does seem to have an HD capability that is more than the stated 20hrs. Since we are doing math here with many variables, OTA, MPEG 2, MPEG$, etc., who knows how much it will record.

I guess I'll have to stop deleting and let it fill up until it starts deleting on its own to get a better idea.

I just wish we could get the Dish External Storage option activated on our "Silver Vip722 Lites".

If you're having a problem with Mediascout hanging upon launch, make sure you have the latest version of Adobe's Flash player...

Call from AT&T CEO Rep

I got fed up with Homezone not addressing the defects so I bundled them up in a letter to the SBC (now AT&T) CEO:

Randall L. Stephenson
175 E. Houston
San Antonio, TX 78205-2233

I got a call from a rep in San Diego and learned a few things:

There are problems with 622HZ overheating, no kidding, and they are looking at some new equipment.

They were unaware that you cannot Search from within the Web Remote Guide.

They were unaware that the Alpha keys and Search buttons do not work on the remote.

They were unaware that the Screensaver only displays in 4:3 box.

They were unaware the Chat and Email Customer Support options at helpme.att.net are not functional.

They were unaware Movielink has no HD movies to download.

It was doubtful external Storage would be implemented.

I got the impression 2Wire modified Dish hardware for them and it was a one shot deal and we are stuck with what it is.

The rep seemed interested, attentive, and responsive. Who knows, maybe they will fix something?

THAt is why ATT will Destroy DISH if it gets control of the company. THey won't be " aware" of any defects in software and we will all suffer and go to the darkside to escape it. I will have to reconsider Directv for all my satellite programming again if this happens. Or GOD forbide cable.

Me too!

I'll probably go back to DirecTV after the first of the year especially if the HR21 receiver pans out and the rumor of REAL TiVo software comes true.

The great thing about Homezone is there is no contract so one can bail out at any time.

I love the crack team over at AT&T...i order an upgrade from regular HZ to HD HZ and they send out a guy with a dish 622 box...they install it (i'm not around and so my girlfriend supervises not knowing any better). Now i have to wait another week for the guy to come back again...let's hope they get it right the 2nd time. Love the CS over there at ATT.

It might be a blessing in disguise. My 622HZ is pretty screwed up and AT&T admitted today it is due unresolved software issues. The Homezone added features are kind of lame and don't work well. Plus you won't have External Storage capability which is must if you want to save HD movies.

For those who want start new life of 622HZ - ReInit procedure:

- press and hold green button (Power) for a few second, ie make soft reboot;
- when TV screen goes dark ( blue on HD TV ;) ), press and hold three button on front panel: blue (AT&T) + OK + HOME;
- keep holding for a couple minutes !
- when you'll see red light (TV1) release the buttons;
- wait a few minutes when initial setup screen occur;
- proceed for new fresh setup.

WARNING ! All your recordings, counters, settings will be erased !

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)