AT&T Bundling Discount

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Ferrino

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 7, 2009
CA
I am a D* subscriber and currently do not have either a landline or an internet service (my apartment is wired for both telephone and cable though). I am interested in getting an AT&T DSL service through my telephone line, but am not interested in the telephone. I understand they do a DSL-only package (dry-loop?) - will I be eligible for the bundling rebate with this product?

I do have a AT&T wireless phone, but it is pay-as-you-go, rather than contract.

Thanks!

No..
You have to have landline phone service to get the bundle discount

also i am told you could get an additional bundle discount with the AT&T Wireless.. but they require you to sign for their landline All Distance Package plan which includes unlimited long distance

Thanks for the clarification. The need for the landline is frustrating! Who really uses one any more!!!???

They want to force you to use those old POTS lines for several reasons:

(1) The government forces them to service remote locations that don't pay for themselves. In other words, urban and suburban customers are being forced by the government to subsidize rural communities.
(2) The telcos are amortizing major upgrades they made for dial-up Internet back in the 1990s over about 40 years. In retrospect, that wasn't the smartest decision they ever made. :)

Others can probably come up with more reasons they push analog "POTS" lines.

Regardless, a Go Phone wouldn't qualify either. I guarantee they would make you have a postpaid account.

I got a bundle discount and I only have the DSL service. No telephone service from them at all.

Could you please elaborate? e.g. which DSL-only speed did you go for and how much do you pay (inc. discount)? Do you have any other AT&T products?

Thanks!

I am a D* subscriber and currently do not have either a landline or an internet service (my apartment is wired for both telephone and cable though). I am interested in getting an AT&T DSL service through my telephone line, but am not interested in the telephone. I understand they do a DSL-only package (dry-loop?) - will I be eligible for the bundling rebate with this product?

I do have a AT&T wireless phone, but it is pay-as-you-go, rather than contract.

Thanks!

I got a bundle discount and I only have the DSL service. No telephone service from them at all.

Could you please elaborate? e.g. which DSL-only speed did you go for and how much do you pay (inc. discount)? Do you have any other AT&T products?

Thanks!

I was about to chime in that you do NOT need a landline to have the bundled discount, but bmr beat me too it :up

Ferrino,
Call into 1-877-827-5288
Tell them that you want to order a dry loop for your DSL and need the D* discount as well.
IF they don't get it for you they will direct you to the proper number.

Jimbo

Thanks a lot for that info, chaps! Quick questions before I call them:

1. I am basically just looking for a good internet speed for browsing and downloading occasional OnDemand content - do you think the "Direct Basic" option (768 Kbps) will suffice for that?

2. The DirecTV discount should be $5, right?

Thanks a lot for that info, chaps! Quick questions before I call them:

1. I am basically just looking for a good internet speed for browsing and downloading occasional OnDemand content - do you think the "Direct Basic" option (768 Kbps) will suffice for that?

2. The DirecTV discount should be $5, right?

I would suggest 1.5 as a minimum, 3.0 if you can afford it and higher if you really want to.

I'm new here, and ready to make the switch from Charter Communications. Wondering if there is any disadvantage to dealing with AT&T to set up new DirecTV service versus buying from other authorized dealers. AT&T is offering a $50 rebate to new customers, but I have seen larger offers elsewhere. If I signed up thru AT&T, would I get a D* account # so that I could manage my account directly with D* and not thru AT&T? Would I be eligible for future D* promotions just like any other D* sub?

Since I already have AT&T DSL service, sounds like I'm eligible for the $5 bundling discount no matter how I sign up. Correct?

Thanks.

hi guys,
I live in CT. I called AT&T up around feb.1st, gave them my Directv acct.# and I now get a $5 mo. discount, my statement says it's a 12month promo but i hope it's indefinite. I don't have AT&T landline phone service with them just u-verse internet (I have vonage) at fist they said no but the rep. checked and enrolled me - I did not have to call Directv at all.

I have ATT landline,wireless and DSL. Called and they told me no Directv bundle is possible because I am not a new customer. Bummer.

I have ATT landline,wireless and DSL. Called and they told me no Directv bundle is possible because I am not a new customer. Bummer.

That is incorrect. Current AT&T and DirecTV customers can get the bundle discount. I'd call back and try again

you have whats called a double play satellite and dsl pure broadband (pbb) no phone line but you still have dial tone to call 911 services only

Does anyone know if an ATT Wireless customer can get a discount with DirecTV? ATT is the carrier that I have wireless with, however they do not serve my local area for landline/dsl that is CenturyTel.

No one forces you to use landline. Right now I have Charter 20 mBIT internet+hd receiver/hd service+basic local channels+all 3 premiums.

They gave me a deal for internet and tv ($15 off internet). Worst part is, with bellsouth 6 megs dsl, the second phone service with 5 features added, and long distance, the bill ended up being $110 per month!

Oh yeah, the website says $21. We bought that too. Our bill, after all the fees for added features, the local phone service by itself ended up being $60!!!!!

The problem is, with telco services, you add features, they TAX YOU FOR EACH ONE. ANd alot of the features like caller id, call block, you need.

If you take off the tv service I have, my 20mBIT service is about $69.99. Adding vonage for $32, is about the same price.

Making is 10 mBIT saves alot of money.

I do not suggest buying into telco services, they are a ripoff.

Thanks for all the help. Called AT&T today and I managed to get the 3 Mbps dry-loop service (Direct Pro) for $30/month. I told the CSR I had a AT&T cellphone and that it was only a pay-as-you-go, but he said it was fine and that it therefore qualified me for $10 off the regular dry-loop price!

Question: I need to get a DSL modem and AT&T offers one for $62 delivered. Is it cheaper to buy one elsewhere?

Thanks!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)