AT&T exploring Deal to sell off DIRECTV.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I’m wonder was is true directv merger with dish?? Soon or later?I’m hope not merger if they do I leaving no choice going back cable

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I’m wonder was is true directv merger with dish?? Soon or later?I’m hope not merger if they do I leaving no choice going back cable

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys
I can tell you that it has Not happened yet ... I don't think IF it happens with DISH its not any time soon.

DTV lost 954,000 viewers in the most recently reported quarter. It's obviously in a nosedive so why would anyone be interested in buying or merging while it's still in freefall? Let's see, they're losing nearly a million a quarter. They currently have a bit over 18 million. Do the math, at this rate they'll be belly up within 4-5 years, or sooner. Gee, who wouldn't want to buy that prospect? :rolleyes:

AT&T’s epic DirecTV losses mount as another 954,000 video customers flee

Reactions: navychop
DTV lost 954,000 viewers in the most recently reported quarter. It's obviously in a nosedive so why would anyone be interested in buying or merging while it's still in freefall? Let's see, they're losing nearly a million a quarter. They currently have a bit over 18 million. Do the math, at this rate they'll be belly up within 4-5 years, or sooner. Gee, who wouldn't want to buy that prospect? :rolleyes:

AT&T’s epic DirecTV losses mount as another 954,000 video customers flee
DIRECTV still makes money, it's that AT&T paid too much for them and need to offload some of that debt. So if someone can get it for a low enough price they might make a go of it IMHO.

Here is what Swanni thinks would happen to DTV if Apollo Global Management bought them.

It means they will buy the customer data, sell off the good parts, and let the rest rot into bankruptcy.
Kinda..there are not any good parts left..att has the customer data...all that will be left when they actually sell will be the bones

It means they will buy the customer data, sell off the good parts, and let the rest rot into bankruptcy.

Pretty sure they'd be buying it to operate for the cash flow it generates. At the $15 billion price most recently rumored they'd earn that back in four years at the current cash flow. Even if subscribers keep leaving and it starts to affect the cash flow they'd make their money back. Everything after that is profit.

I don't think people would have to worry too much about "cost cutting" because other than making CSRs even worse there isn't much they can cut. It isn't like AT&T was going to launch new satellites when they aren't needed, or design new hardware (other than maybe tweak the designs to make it cheaper) when the existing hardware already does everything they need.

Pretty sure they'd be buying it to operate for the cash flow it generates. At the $15 billion price most recently rumored they'd earn that back in four years at the current cash flow. Even if subscribers keep leaving and it starts to affect the cash flow they'd make their money back. Everything after that is profit.

I don't think people would have to worry too much about "cost cutting" because other than making CSRs even worse there isn't much they can cut. It isn't like AT&T was going to launch new satellites when they aren't needed, or design new hardware (other than maybe tweak the designs to make it cheaper) when the existing hardware already does everything they need.
Except not all the hardware works as well as many would like ...
I would like to see them make an update for the HR24, or better yet, make something that you can use with 4k (without requiring another product) that can be used to work if you Don't have the Server.
Basically, update the HR24.

Of course this will never happen in it's current state.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)