AT&T exploring Deal to sell off DIRECTV.

Sounds like the 15 billion would be for minority ownership

CNBC: AT&T considers selling significant minority stake in DirecTV, AT&T Now and U-Verse pay-TV operations, sources say.

"Values Directv" in that article means that's what they peg the price of 100% ownership. If someone took a 33% stake they'd pay $5 billion for it.

This is an interesting article.

"Now, more than 100 days into the job, he says his plan of attack is to focus on three key growth areas: wireless — particularly 5G — where there’s hope for new consumer and business applications; fiber-optic network connections to accommodate surging data traffic; and HBO Max, the online streaming future of AT&T’s video ambitions."

Reactions: ncted
Could the sale of DTV, UVerseTV and ATT TV Now not be true? This was from Stephens report to stockholders.

AT&T, Inc. (T) Presents at Morgan Stanley TMT Broker Conference Call - (Transcript) | Seeking Alpha

John Stephens

"Certainly, we're continuing to focus on running and managing generating cash and focusing on growing long-term value customers. Sensitive about when -- when people talk about a video business, and what -- definition, what it means to you and I, and what it might be to others. So when you think about the Warner Media business, HBO Max and Warner Bros. Studios, how critical all that is, Turner, TBS, CNN, how important HBO, all that extremely important as well as our DIRECTV business and our AT&T TV now in our premium TV business. So sure, it's important to us. I'm sure we're focused on it. We're going to continue to try to maximize the value and do that by serving customers well."

Could the sale of DTV, UVerseTV and ATT TV Now not be true? This was from Stephens report to stockholders.

AT&T, Inc. (T) Presents at Morgan Stanley TMT Broker Conference Call - (Transcript) | Seeking Alpha

John Stephens

"Certainly, we're continuing to focus on running and managing generating cash and focusing on growing long-term value customers. Sensitive about when -- when people talk about a video business, and what -- definition, what it means to you and I, and what it might be to others. So when you think about the Warner Media business, HBO Max and Warner Bros. Studios, how critical all that is, Turner, TBS, CNN, how important HBO, all that extremely important as well as our DIRECTV business and our AT&T TV now in our premium TV business. So sure, it's important to us. I'm sure we're focused on it. We're going to continue to try to maximize the value and do that by serving customers well."
Or they can't get what they are asking for it.

Well they are selling now...you need to dodge those capital gains taxes

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I wonder if they are still wanting to sell it is still just a minority stake in it part of it or all of it? Would we really wouldn't know which way it is until it happens?

I wonder if they are still wanting to sell it is still just a minority stake in it part of it or all of it? Would we really wouldn't know which way it is until it happens?
They need to sell DTV in full if they want to make any money.

They are just selling part of it...its not about making a quick buck...its about maximising share holder profits

They are just selling part of it...its not about making a quick buck...its about maximising share holder profits

The longer DTV weighs on the bottom line the further they are from making a profit.

There are not just selling directv...its the entire tv business..streaming..the whole thing...but its just a precentage...maybe a spinoff down thevriaf

There are not just selling directv...its the entire tv business..streaming..the whole thing...but its just a precentage...maybe a spinoff down thevriaf

They should get out of the TV business and focus on the network side.

Reactions: Jimbo