AT&T exploring Deal to sell off DIRECTV.

There are not just selling directv...its the entire tv business..streaming..the whole thing...but its just a precentage...maybe a spinoff down thevriaf

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
I thought they want to keep AT&T TV and HBO/Max? Or do they really just want to be a Wireless and Fiber provider and that's it?

They want to maximize profits....they are only selling a stake...not the whole thing

at this point, i really see AT&T spinning off DTV and U-verse into a separate company that takes all of AT&T's debts, especially the debt they acquired from the WarnerMedia deal as well as the DTV debt too. AT&T too can still run it but it will still be a separate company that they could have ready to sell if someone is willing to buy it out. and they could drop the AT&T name off of U-verse and rebrand it to U-verse by DirecTV or DirecTV U-verse.

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk

at this point, i really see AT&T spinning off DTV and U-verse into a separate company that takes all of AT&T's debts, especially the debt they acquired from the WarnerMedia deal as well as the DTV debt too. AT&T too can still run it but it will still be a separate company that they could have ready to sell if someone is willing to buy it out. and they could drop the AT&T name off of U-verse and rebrand it to U-verse by DirecTV or DirecTV U-verse.

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk
Why even keep the u-verse name.

They sold the whole thing to frontier...you can't just sell uverse...you would need to sell the pots with it

They sold the whole thing to frontier...you can't just sell uverse...you would need to sell the pots with it

Ya, and the whole thing went to crap. Frontier had no idea how to maintain it. AT&T sold off the whole SNET network.

The same thing happened when Verizon spun off most of the New England states to north point and the gte states to frontier

Reactions: comp9
The same thing happened when Verizon spun off most of the New England states to north point and the gte states to frontier

One of the techs once told me that the network was never maintained when SBC bought it and that's why AT&T wanted to sell it off.

Probably..verizon put fiber in a tiny portion of conneticut...greenwich i think...att didnt want to spend the money

Probably..verizon put fiber in a tiny portion of conneticut...greenwich i think...att didnt want to spend the money

Verizon was only in the lower Fairfield County area, part of the NY network.

Nope..still building...just not telling people about it...they also built a national business fiber network...now 5g is where all the money is...when that fails..back to fiber

They said they were not going to add any new cities..they just continued building out where they had contracts..5g fixed cellular supposed to fill in the rest..but the current frequencies dont really work that well in passing thru walls.etc etc..distance isn't too good either

They said they were not going to add any new cities..they just continued building out where they had contracts..5g fixed cellular supposed to fill in the rest..but the current frequencies dont really work that well in passing thru walls.etc etc..distance isn't too good either

This is a reason people are complaining about 5G. They need so many more antennas in neighborhoods.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)