AT&T merger and dry dsl (aka Naked DSL)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
well, you were right Ni-Fi - I tried

Scan and post the actual document; as an attachment please.

Uh, it was an e-mail sent to dealers by a D* rep - sorry that's not good enough for ya, geeze... :rolleyes: :p
And obviously, I am NOT going to post headers/addresses, or anything else like that on a public board like this.
I've had enough of this $hit.

It is kinda funny how asking to see proof evokes such anger in people. I wonder what that means? hmmm.

"I did not have sexual relations with that woman, Miss Lewinsky. I never told anybody to lie, not a single time – never. These allegations are false...."

....and we know where that ended up.... and from someone with TONS of supposed credability!

OK, you guys win; everything everyone says here is 110% true and accurate no matter what. They NEVER read into things additional meanings or exaggerate comments. There is never more that one side to a story. So I will leave it alone for you guys. LOL!

Last edited:
Nope, meant it as exactly as I said it!

I respectfully dispute this as what install companies tell their contractors so to make more money and then when something goes wrong it is a convenient out. Funny, but I know at least 25 or more friends and relatives that have been installed since last summer that have NOT had this pushed/forced onto them by DirecTV nor their installer that did the work. NOT ONE PEEP about it, EVER by anyone.

what you missing is that most subs dont use the online feature, so they order via remote, and directv wants to encourace more ppv purchases, thus the lets say highly recomended at install the connection of phone lines

what you missing is that most subs dont use the online feature, so they order via remote, and directv wants to encourace more ppv purchases, thus the lets say highly recomended at install the connection of phone lines

No, go back and read my posts, that is exactly what I understand and what I am saying I have heard, read, and witnessed installers say and do first hand; they suggest, not force and do not seem worried about being fired. That if the user wants to use the remote event purchases and to use the receiver 110% as designed, that they should use the tel connection and at their option; BUT NOT what is being said otherwise, that people (installers) are having their jobs hung over a barrel if they do not force phone line installs/connections onto users regardless; as stated above. Even thought it reads as though they are just being charged back, not being unequivocally fired, but I digress.

Charper, you've yet again became a troll! You have totaly hyjacked this thread. i have a copy of said memo, and will get it scanned in as soon as i can, just to shut ur ass up. and bashing someone for not posting something that is considered propratary information. im not scared as i am a sub contractor, so there is nothing d can do to me on it.

Yawn!!! TYPICAL!

More attitude and unwarranted personal attacks over a simple request.

You NEED to go back and READ the entire thread, as I did NOT hijack anything, nor have I resulted in name calling or attacks like a little child.

I just want an opportunity to read a document, get information, learn something, examine, thats it. Too easy and simple. And you guys bitch and bitch! You do what you want and feel you need to do; as I will not be replying further to make you happy.

Charper, you've yet again became a troll! You have totaly hyjacked this thread. i have a copy of said memo, and will get it scanned in as soon as i can, just to shut ur ass up. and bashing someone for not posting something that is considered propratary information. im not scared as i am a sub contractor, so there is nothing d can do to me on it.

Well I missed a fun little party yesterday :) I think the end of the Phone Line being required days are numbered.....with the Hr20 getting a ip address and being able to hook up to a network I see that as an option in the future, as far as that goes I think this thread has run wayyyyy off course and needs to be brought back on to topic instead of personal attacks.

I added to the thread title the "Naked DSL" part as to not confuse people who know it as that.

Good grief Charper. Last fall the installer wouldn't do my HD reciever because I don't have a land line. He had to call his office and get a specific OK before he would even start the work. So there are installers out there that are taking this seriously.

Back on topic though, you can tell when your IRD calls out by looking at the messages. If is says that you've not made a call in X number of days then it goes away you know your machine has made a call or gotten one. Back when I had a land line I figure that out.

As for AT&T I hope I get a chance to be a customer.

Not losing their job Charper? Most installers now arent even making $100 for the install let alone afford to be hit a $100 chargeback, how long do you think they'll have their job when those fees start rolling in. And DTV knows EVERY receiver you dont hook to a phone line as it shows up as not reporting back.

The post Dishrich made was pretty much verbatim the memo we all got and as expected, you still dont believe it.

Sorry man we didnt make the memo or the rule, i was just calling you out on your OPINION that you tried shoving off as a FACT that installers are only pushing phone lines to rip off customers, when in FACT the installer is the one getting the shaft. :rolleyes:

And i told you so DishRich. :D

Not losing their job Charper? Most installers now arent even making $100 for the install let alone afford to be hit a $100 chargeback, how long do you think they'll have their job when those fees start rolling in. And DTV knows EVERY receiver you dont hook to a phone line as it shows up as not reporting back.

The post Dishrich made was pretty much verbatim the memo we all got and as expected, you still dont believe it.

Sorry man we didnt make the memo or the rule, i was just calling you out on your OPINION that you tried shoving off as a FACT that installers are only pushing phone lines to rip off customers, when in FACT the installer is the one getting the shaft. :rolleyes:

And i told you so DishRich. :D

One thing about Charper:confused: "often wrong, but never in doubt!"

Well I missed a fun little party yesterday :) I think the end of the Phone Line being required days are numbered.....with the Hr20 getting a ip address and being able to hook up to a network I see that as an option in the future, as far as that goes I think this thread has run wayyyyy off course and needs to be brought back on to topic instead of personal attacks.

I agree. When I started this thread, I was intending this to see if D* had any intention of planning on retro fitting older systems to be able to run with out phone lines.

I have read that the R15 can be setup without it, but I also read everyone hates that system when comes to the interface compared to DTivo.

I would guess that D* would be researching someway to retrofit the older systems to be connected to the internet, via a home network, thus eliminating a useless (my opinion) phone line.

yes i was told the other day when i called bellsouth that when the merger is complete they will offer naked dsl

yes i was told the other day when i called bellsouth that when the merger is complete they will offer naked dsl

I am not sure what the big deal is about "Naked" DSL.
If you have the AT&T phone service, why not just use the line share like most others ?
I can see the Naked being good IF you use another phone provider, is this what people are talking about ?

Up this way, you get a better price with a line share over a dry line.

Jimbo

I can see the Naked being good IF you use another phone provider, is this what people are talking about ?
Jimbo

Yes this is what they are talking about. They want dsl, but don't want a landline (because they only use a cell phone or VOIP or etc.).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts