AT&T To Buy DIRECTV for $67 Billion

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Wow....Every uninformed individual believes union membership is a panacea....
Hey, I've been there. Unions are not all that and a bag of chips.
There are the head scratching illogical work rules. Prohibitions on using certain labor saving tools and devices.
The silly rules regarding who a union member can speak to ( anyone in management is off limits).
The lists of places union members should not shop. Products they should not by..
The constant badgering about politics during campaign season. Everybody who has a stake wants to make sure no member votes for the "wrong" candidate.
And of course the dues. And don't DARE ask on what the money is spent.
Really, the money isn't all that great. Most of the additional pay is gobbled up by dues and other fees.
Pension? Not in the private sector.
And God forbid the union bosses get a twist in their panties during contract negotiations. Union members are told they cannot work. Who needs THAT crap....
All of the above makes me ecstatic I reside in a right to work state.
You opened the door.

(Sent from my mobile phone using Tapatalk.)

You opened the door.

(Sent from my mobile phone using Tapatalk.)

Correct, not only opened the door spewed vomit, all at the same time....Like he has never heard how companies work with organized labor and have profit sharing?
Or that his quote about VW and unionization first off was lied by there state Senator....and that VW wanted the union because its worked so well for them in Germany....
Then comparing public sector unions to private?... then giving some hair brained explanation to follow.... One simple light bulb....So if the dumb a hole wants more light he puts in a larger more wattage bulb( so he can see better) and say blows a fuse....Maybe part of the factory goes black? Hey starts a fire...who knows....There called rules....But he must know better...Sounds like a master carpenter, electrician, investor....who knows what else?.....Sounds like just another Simi uniformed Fox viewer? who knows.....Just a unhappy, hater that can only hate, and not see anything positive in a possible Direct TV installer making a little more money, maybe a little retirement?....very sad

Reactions: simplexswrhs90
With Comcast-TWC done, federal suit likely focuses on AT&T-DirecTV
Apr 24 2015, 19:30 ET | By: Jason Aycock, SA News Editor

Comcast has ended its pursuit of Time Warner Cable, but what about that lawsuit from content companies that threatened to slow the whole thing down?
Companies including CBS, Walt Disney (NYSE:DIS) and Viacom (VIA, VIAB) argued that the FCC's sharing hundreds of thousands of pages of negotiating strategies with third-party merger opponents like Dish Network (NASDAQ:DISH) would be "highly damaging." The fight was likely to add several weeks to any related merger consideration.
The suit, still at the U.S. Court of Appeals, is still in progress because it also involved the ongoing AT&T (NYSE:T) deal to acquire DirecTV (NASDAQ:DTV). Attorneys close to the case are figuring that the Comcast-TWC documents will now be off the table as a moot point.
Still, the decision likely still has an impact on the timeline for AT&T/DirecTV. The FCC will file an updated notification with the court. http://seekingalpha.com/news/245408...6:22e476f4575cb8cb767710104d2b6bd8#email_link

Didn't we read a week or so ago that the ATT / D* deal was imminent.
Expecting it to be done real soon ?

Well I thought because it looked like Comcast and TWC was a go,.....that's why I assumed the deal would sail through......

Thanks for posting that, Poke!

I wonder what it will mean for current subscribers of both companies.

Whenever I go into an ATT store, you'll see the Cell phones of course and then the TV section, they ALWAYS have Uverse running, not sure I have EVER seen an active D* box in the store ...

I have at our corporate owned AT&T store, in fact their setup is interesting as they have both side by side, one running DirecTV & the other U-Verse and it makes it very easy to tell the noticeable difference in HD picture quality. These are actual live demos where you can actually try out the two services, unlike some stores (usually Authorized retailers) I have been to where they aren't true demos but rather a looped product video connected to a TV with a dummy receiver/remote.

I have at our corporate owned AT&T store, in fact their setup is interesting as they have both side by side, one running DirecTV & the other U-Verse and it makes it very easy to tell the noticeable difference in HD picture quality. These are actual live demos where you can actually try out the two services, unlike some stores (usually Authorized retailers) I have been to where they aren't true demos but rather a looped product video connected to a TV with a dummy receiver/remote.
Thats good to know ... however, you also have to make sure that both TVs are identical as well as set up the same.

You can take 2 identical TVs and make them look entirely different.

What kind of funny about this is over the weekend I talked with a friend who is a big wig at AT&T and he had mixed feelings on this merger. He said when they first announced this merger it made a lot of sense to AT&T to get DIRECTV, however since the merger has been announced a lot has changed in the industry and according to him the synergies that they would get from DIRECTV do not mean as much as they did back then. He told me he wouldn't be upset if the merger didn't go through but would also be ok with it if it passed.

Reactions: AZ.
What kind of funny about this is over the weekend I talked with a friend who is a big wig at AT&T and he had mixed feelings on this merger. He said when they first announced this merger it made a lot of sense to AT&T to get DIRECTV, however since the merger has been announced a lot has changed in the industry and according to him the synergies that they would get from DIRECTV do not mean as much as they did back then. He told me he wouldn't be upset if the merger didn't go through but would also be ok with it if it passed.
Did he go into any detail as to exactly what he was referring to ?

That devalues a satellite television service though. I see the irony but of course it means much more than the literal definition.
So do the millions of people that are supposively "Cutting the Cord". (to me this means going streaming all your TV online, others vary), do these people have No Semblance of LIVE TV as in Current shows that are on Now ....
Are you CC's including OTA as part of your TV experience ?
If so, I'm good with it, if Not, how do you keep up with current events (other than watching/reading online ?

I know this should be a different topic entirely.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts