AT&T To Buy DIRECTV for $67 Billion

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Reactions: Stephen Henson
That isn't the question. The question is why doesn't Direct TV carry them? You can't make them if the channels are demanding payment. (They just can't carry some and not all) If they mean by must carry they want those markets on Direct then I'm guessing DirectV would carry them for no charge.

agreed, and I guess I shouldnt complain as I am able to manipulate an AM21 with zipcodes to receive all subs in my area, but not everyone is that lucky, and its just the point. We shouldnt have to do that to get the channels.

Nothing to do with Sub channels whatsoever. They are only talking about the Major Networks.

Are you talking about a "white area" an area in no DMA? By definition, a DMA would have locals, so there would be no way to "be in a town in a DMA with no locals."

North Platte Nebraska is one area without lil coverage. Presque Isle Maine is another.

I think there's 9 markets left. Not sure

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
11 markets are without DIRECTV® LiL coverage

DMA No.182 Bowling Green, Ky.
DMA No. 185 Grand Junction-Montrose, Colo.
DMA No. 196 Cheyenne-Scottsbluff, Wyo.
DMA No. 197 Casper-Riverton, Wyo.
DMA No. 201 Ottumwa-Kirksville, Mo.
DMA No. 203 Victoria, Texas
DMA No. 205 Helena, Mont.
DMA No. 206 Presque Isle, Maine
DMA No. 208 North Platte, Neb.
DMA No. 209 Alpena, Mich.
DMA No. 210 Glendive, Mont.

Reactions: DS0816
demanding or "forcing" accomplishes nothing. Customers have the power to let DIRECTV know that if they don't carry their LiL on their DMAs they will choose another provider, apparently this has not been the case

It is interesting AT&T will not care to add small LiL , I have been fighting with them for 15 years to add cell sites to small communities. I don't see them doing anything about it unless they are forces to by the FCC

Wow. This has nothing at all to with At&t/Direct wanting to add LIL..... They never said they wouldn't.....

Reactions: ChadT41
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)