AT&T TV National Launch

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

nelson61

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 8, 2007
Where it's Warm
I think Variety has it summed up well .

I'm thinking it will be a dud when people look at the price of their plans and then see what they can get from other services that are not get locked into multiyear contracts.

Reactions: Jimbo
Just posted in another thread that I signed up Friday night to ATT TV and their fiber gig internet. I completely agree that the 2nd year price is terrible. I did the math and in my case breaking the contract would be $180 and would save me $780 compared to staying with the service. Their internet is competitively priced so if all goes well I'd stay with just that and look for another streaming service. If during the 14 day grace period all goes well then this move is worth it to me only for the first year. Even with the penalty of breaking the contract I'd come out on top which is why I did it. The rewards cards help too.

So they are phasing out out DTV with this new service but not adding Sunday ticket?

How else can they drive this company into the ground.

So they are phasing out out DTV with this new service but not adding Sunday ticket?

They are NOT phasing out Directv.

Preferentially selling streaming (which costs them less to "install" than satellite) does not equal "phasing out" Directv.

Wake me when AT&T refuses to sell Directv to customers who ask for it, until then please stop the madness!

They are NOT phasing out Directv.

Preferentially selling streaming (which costs them less to "install" than satellite) does not equal "phasing out" Directv.

Wake me when AT&T refuses to sell Directv to customers who ask for it, until then please stop the madness!
They are not going to push DTV anymore, they want new subscribers to buy this new service. DTV is getting pushed aside.

A few months ago when I called DirecTV to switch packages and get ACC Network I had asked them if they had a listing of the packages and channels included in each one online as a .pdf or some easy to visualize format. The phone rep actually sent me an e-mail with a link to a site where you could view brochures on all the services AT&T offers. At that time it had all their cellular, AT&T Now and DirecTV brochures. I bookmarked the site thinking it would be handy in the future if I ever wanted to switch packages. I pulled it up this morning to see if anything had been changed on the AT&T TV handouts. Now the DirecTV packages listing is gone entirely from it. There is a brief "Sale Sheet" with a few of the popular DirecTV packages, but the only thing available other than that now is the AT&T TV stuff. I'd say it is clear that they're going to make it more difficult to sign up for DirecTV going forward.

yep, everyone that has directv will be switched over within the year
they will also run fiber to your house if you do not have internet just so you can use

Reactions: comp9
yep, everyone that has directv will be switched over within the year
they will also run fiber to your house if you do not have internet just so you can use
Obviously they're not going to do that.

But they don't care who your Internet is with. If you've got Comcast or Mediacom, they don't care that you'll run up against monthly data allowances streaming this. That's something for the consumer to figure out.

While they may not necessarily stop satellite installations... they can force very high prices for those installations and services. Because if you don't have high speed Internet... well, you can't get Sling, Youtube TV, Hulu, Netflix or anything else. If you don't have high-speed Internet your choices are OTA antenna (limited number of channels) or DirecTV satellite or Dish Satellite, or I guess Orby now falls in this category?

Right now if you HAVE to have your regional sports network and you live out in the boonies with no access to any high speed Internet... your only choice is DirecTV. If they tell you the installation price is $500 plus a $250 per month package... what are you going to do?

I think the reason why the price for AT&T TV is so high compared to other streaming services and on par with their current satellite TV offerings is because they plan to massively increase the price of their satellite customers... effectively pushing those that can get the streaming service to move to the streaming service.

Right now if you HAVE to have your regional sports network and you live out in the boonies with no access to any high speed Internet... your only choice is DirecTV. If they tell you the installation price is $500 plus a $250 per month package... what are you going to do?

I think the reason why the price for AT&T TV is so high compared to other streaming services and on par with their current satellite TV offerings is because they plan to massively increase the price of their satellite customers... effectively pushing those that can get the streaming service to move to the streaming service.

yeah because they want everyone to move to dish, or cut the chord.

So there's no monthly lease fees on the streaming boxes, just a one time purchase of price of $120 each after the free first one?

That whould be a good saving for those like me with a lot of receivers after the high upfront cost if true. But limited to only a maximum of 3 simultaneous streams is really a deal-breaker though.

Currently have seven satellite boxes shared by 5 people in the house (1 Genie, 5 HR24s, and 1 wireless Mini client).

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

"Don in CT, post:

[/QUOTE]
You seem misinformed. Analysts are tripping over each other to recommend buying AT&T right now.

Reactions: comp9
I’m wonder I have DIRECTV satellite service was that’s mean no longer directv satellite move to att tv now?? I’m just curious I feel like some of people don’t want change it service over again

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I’m wonder I have DIRECTV satellite service was that’s mean no longer directv satellite move to att tv now?? I’m just curious I feel like some of people don’t want change it service over again

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys
For the love of god. Sat service isn’t going anywhere for a long time

Reactions: whitewolf8214
Just like U Verse, if your in the area and want it, they WILL still install it.
They will definitely install it still, but they won’t market it.
I wouldn’t be surprised to see it be like uverse, where you have to call and ask for it to get it. It won’t be available online, and for there to be no development in any hardware beyond what’s available now.

Reactions: goaliebob99
They will definitely install it still, but they won’t market it.
I wouldn’t be surprised to see it be like uverse, where you have to call and ask for it to get it. It won’t be available online, and for there to be no development in any hardware beyond what’s available now.
Thats pretty likely ...
We know we haven't seen any new recvrs in quite awhile now and it doesn't look like there will be .

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)