AT&T w/ sling

JTBenson

SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 4, 2006
I am planning to get a slingbox in April and move to AT&T after my contract runs out with Sprint next year. I want to get a phone where I can view my slingbox anywhere (not just on wifi). What would be the best phone to get?

JAG72

SatelliteGuys Master
Feb 16, 2006
Earth
Just remember that no matter what phone you choose it will be against the terms of use on AT&T. :(

JTBenson

SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 4, 2006
Then what is the best phone/provider for the Sling (that doesn't go against terms of service)?

JAG72

SatelliteGuys Master
Feb 16, 2006
Earth
From what I have seen and read you are already on the best network for Sling.

AT&T - Against terms
Verizon - Many of their phones are not supported with Sling (Blackberry's). Also they seem to cripple their phones the worst of any provider IMO.
T-Mobile - Not enough coverage IMO

DJ Rob

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 8, 2003
Denver, Colorado
You should read up on the phones they have and see what fits all of your needs.
I wouldn't choose my phone on just if slingplayer works on it - there are a bunch.

I use an HTC Fuze which is a decent phone but it takes a little more knowledge than the iPhone to use.

digiblur

SatelliteGuys Master
Jun 8, 2005
Louisiana
All depends on what area you are in... some areas cell phone carriers are oversold, some might not have 3G in your area, some may have no coverage at all... go to another area and the thing is flipped between the carriers.

I'd recommend a good Windows Mobile phone for Slingplayer. No hacking of software required to use Slingplayer. Something like the Touch Pro, Fuze, Touch Pro 2, etc..nice big beautiful 400x680(400x800) screens.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)