AT9 dish 101 sat problems, no odd transponders

Status
Please reply by conversation.

billymacboston

Original poster
Jul 6, 2009
Boston
Hi, new to this forum, I upgraded an older single LNB DTV dish to the 1st generation AT9 HD 5 lnb dish at work. We are using the 3 LNB receivers only, I have acquired the 101-110 and 119 sats with good strength, we are not using any HD equipment yet, so the other 2 satellites have not bee configured or do we have anything to test there signal yet.

Problem here is I have no odd transponder channels on the 101 satellite. Great strength on the even channels. the 110 and 119 sats are good on all transponders. I had another spare LNB for the AT9 dish and installed it and it still has no odd transponders. I give up, what could it be.

billymac in Boston...:mad:

Hi, no splitter, just using the factory built in multiswitch, we have 2 dishes, 1 is about 150' away, the other is around 50' from the switch, was using an old original 3 lnb with the sat c combiner. I figured the dish closest is powering up the sat ok. RG6 all the way.

The dish 3 floors down is using a diplexer for the OTA antenna since its a single wire, the other receiver is direct no diplexer, they both have the same problem, I did notice I get one odd transponder, I think is #3 is getting a signal, all the other odds are "0". I understand not to use a diplexer for HD sats, go direct only, but we are not using HD now just the 5 LNB dish. Also its hard to tell because its concealed, the wire run going 3 floors down may be older RG59.

Since we are setting up an MPEG4 5 sat dish with older 3LNB receivers, is this confusing the older receivers?

Everyone is starting to complain at work since the 101 is not working right the guide data is corrupt and there are a handful of missing channels. Could it be just a fine tune of the dish?, I figured if I get the sat I should pick up all the xponders. I only have a simple inline sat meter, the cheapy kind. Ddid not use a compass either just ballparked the sats. I used to install Dtv in the 90's and used the Sun as my bearing, always found the birds.

bmac....

Please post all transponder signal strengths. This will help in pinpointing the problem.

Also, exactly which dish is giving the problem? Let's keep the discussion toward just the problem dish.

The older receivers should work just fine. But, if you do have RG59, this could be causing a problem.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)