AT9 - Slimline ?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

johnml

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 3, 2006
fort lauderdale
Im having a new 5lnb dish installed next friday and was wondering if the slimline is the type directv going to install ? or is that a upgrade from the regular 5LNB ? all it says on my order form is 5LNB. thanks -

thanks for the quick reply. i was hoping for the slimline. I thought i read somewhere it would be out by the end of June. Oh well.

johnml said:
thanks for the quick reply. i was hoping for the slimline. I thought i read somewhere it would be out by the end of June. Oh well.

In that case, I could be wrong, let's hope I am then.

johnml said:

I have read nothing but fall; most likely along with the new DVR, also rumored for fall 2006.

I think it would be a hot topic in these forums IF it were out now.

I have yet to hear anything about an expected date.

Jimbo

Had to restart my HR10-250 Sat. (8 reboots in 1 1/2hrs) Talked to a very in the know equipment tech named Josh to get my DVR service started again and he said late Aug early Sept. They don't want another R15 fiasco. He said R&D told Marketing that the R15 wasn't ready but Marketing released it anyway cause they "promised" the public it would be out by a cerain date. He's a "gamer" and really seemed excited about the new HD DVR and what its gonna be able to do. Hope it wasn't all hype. He said the "Slimlne" "should" be out around the same time.--Ray

Don't be bummed about getting the AT9. I was hesistant too, but with the monopoles, its sturdy and has been fantastic against rain fade.

Proc said:
Don't be bummed about getting the AT9. I was hesistant too, but with the monopoles, its sturdy and has been fantastic against rain fade.

Is it mounted to your roof ??

Is D* responible IF the roof now leaks ?

I am hoping to place it on a pole when I do need to get one, how are the pole mounts holding up with the rain and winds. Are they staying locked on thier signal ?

Jimbo

Jimbos said:

I am hoping to place it on a pole when I do need to get one, how are the pole mounts holding up with the rain and winds. Are they staying locked on thier signal ?

Jimbo

Jimbo...I've got it mounted on my garage roof (about 30 feet behind the house). I had a new roof put up and my buddy and I did the install (he had a meter which helped out a ton). It hasnt' leaked at all. The signal strengths have been fine. They read like they did when I had the Phase III hooked up to the H20 (the H20 reads lower than any other receiver when reading the signal strengths). Its been better with the rain fade during thunder boomers better than the Phase III.

Proc said:
Jimbo...I've got it mounted on my garage roof (about 30 feet behind the house). I had a new roof put up and my buddy and I did the install (he had a meter which helped out a ton). It hasnt' leaked at all. The signal strengths have been fine. They read like they did when I had the Phase III hooked up to the H20 (the H20 reads lower than any other receiver when reading the signal strengths). Its been better with the rain fade during thunder boomers better than the Phase III.

Seeing you did the install yourself, I would not worry about any potential leaks, I was refering to when D* places them on the roof, because they say they have too.

When I do need to get an A-9 I will place a post myself and probably place the A-9 myself too , I guess, D* has never been to my house.
Don't really care to have them out here either...

The lady was shocked that setting up a dish could be done without thier installers.
Whan I activated my set up, I called in and they did not want to turn me on, the wanted to send someone out, and I asked them why. I told her I had a picture on channel 100 and that should be all she needed to see.

Finally after she was convinced that I must have stumbled across their satellites, purely by accident of course, the activated my account.

Gee, I have to prove to them that I have a signal, why don't they activate me and presume I don't have a signal ..... then they can come out to see for themselves.

Sorry about the rant, It just drives me nuts sometimes

Jimbo

Jimbos said:

Jimbo

I also have a roof mount for the AT9.

The installer bolted mine onto the overhang of my roof (I specifically asked him to), so I wouldn't have to worry about leaks. If possible mount as close as possible to the edge.

Can't speak too much on rain fade and bad weather living in San Diego:up

What is the diameter of the installation mast for the Slimline dish? Is it 1 5/8” O.D. or is it 2” O.D. like the AT9 5LNB dish?

Or better yet, anyone has links to the Specs or installation documents?

Anybody know if this slimline dish is shipping yet in the NYC tri-state area?

attachment.php

Last edited:
Jimbos said:
...I am hoping to place it on a pole when I do need to get one, how are the pole mounts holding up with the rain and winds. Are they staying locked on thier signal ?
2" post set in plenty of concrete will hold up fine.

stuart628 said:
my installer said 160 pounds worth of concrete when I do my post mount sometime next year :)

That's what I used.

Jimbos said:

Jimbo

A pole mount is the way to go. Mine stayed locked just fine.

raoul5788 said:
A pole mount is the way to go. Mine stayed locked just fine.
raoul5788,
What is the physical footprint of the part being attached to the house or post ?
How much more space does it take up vs the 3 LNB mount ?
The current one I'm using is 6 3/4" x 4 3/4".
I need to know so I can see if I can mount the 5 LNB on my eves as well
I've used most of my space with the current mount.
If it's not any bigger, I could support my eve a bit solider, (just put aluminum up a year or so ago, I should have thought of that before hand)

Thanks for the info.
Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)