AT9s on Ebay already

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
guffy1 said:
Yes, I think this is exactly what he meant..
And I dont like it one bit :)
Its a Grade A load of misinformed/paranoid crap..

Don't misunderstand me, I buy on Ebay, never had a problem. But with dealers
like ValueElectronics and others that you can trust completely, buying from Ebay
can be a crapshoot. If there are dealers selling on Ebay that got their dishes from
reliable sources, then why sell them on Ebay, just to make more money? I suppose
that is possible, but it seems a "little" bit shady to me, and I would not buy from
anyone that I am suspicious of. Same thing with the gray market tv sellers. Usually
there is a reason why they can sell so far below a regular retailer's price, and it's
not a good one.

Chip

raoul5788 said:
Don't misunderstand me, I buy on Ebay, never had a problem. But with dealers
like ValueElectronics and others that you can trust completely, buying from Ebay
can be a crapshoot. If there are dealers selling on Ebay that got their dishes from
reliable sources, then why sell them on Ebay, just to make more money? I suppose
that is possible, but it seems a "little" bit shady to me, and I would not buy from
anyone that I am suspicious of. Same thing with the gray market tv sellers. Usually
there is a reason why they can sell so far below a regular retailer's price, and it's
not a good one.
Chip

I am just going to refer you to post #20, and then we can simply agree to disagree..

And tell you that Id take a mid range reputation Ebayer over any online retailer out there, anyday of the week :)

Ebay is just filling a need. If a person could get an AT9 from a legit source, they would, but what about those who have "moved"? Or those that just want one. They can't get one from D* so E-bay fills the need.

I myself will be looking to e-bay next week for a 360. Prices should have lost the "I'm a parent and have to have one for my kid by Sunday" premium by early next week.

Have bought and sold with no problems on ebay many times.

I might be one of those guys buying an AT-9. Why? Lousy, awful installers.

As the former Executive Editor of Home Theater magazine and Editor in Chief of E-Gear magazine (not to mention being a THX Level II cert. installer/designer and an ISF Cert. Tech) I have pretty exacting standards — and have already made a number of things work that installers have told me are impossible.

I'm waiting and watching — and seeing what DirecTV offers me in terms of hardware to replace my three HD-tuners here in the Philly DMA — and as someone who grew up around New York, someone in no real rush to lose my NYC HD channels (and my OTA is pretty good, anyhow, as I have 7-plus years of experience in getting signal here) I'm certainly not going to let some drooling clod (an unfair characterization for the few good installers out there, I know, but representative of the larger group in my experience) screw up my set up. Once warm weather comes — and the trees are fully leaved — I'll be ready to tackle the install myself.

So, I'm not going to trash guys selling gear on eBay — because I might well be their customer in a few months.

I bought my DTC-210 and my last DVD player on ebay, both new in the box and have performed flawlessly.

I sell & buy on ebay. Out of over 360 transactions, I've been ripped off once, and that was partly my fault as I should have looked closely at the sellers feedback before bidding.

I'll probably end up buying a AT-9 dish on ebay and installing it myself as I have serious issues about letting any of the local idiot installers touching my dishes / equipment.

Mike McGann said:
I might be one of those guys buying an AT-9. Why? Lousy, awful installers.
As the former Executive Editor of Home Theater magazine and Editor in Chief of E-Gear magazine (not to mention being a THX Level II cert. installer/designer and an ISF Cert. Tech) I have pretty exacting standards — and have already made a number of things work that installers have told me are impossible.
I'm waiting and watching — and seeing what DirecTV offers me in terms of hardware to replace my three HD-tuners here in the Philly DMA — and as someone who grew up around New York, someone in no real rush to lose my NYC HD channels (and my OTA is pretty good, anyhow, as I have 7-plus years of experience in getting signal here) I'm certainly not going to let some drooling clod (an unfair characterization for the few good installers out there, I know, but representative of the larger group in my experience) screw up my set up. Once warm weather comes — and the trees are fully leaved — I'll be ready to tackle the install myself.
So, I'm not going to trash guys selling gear on eBay — because I might well be their customer in a few months.

great letter mike!

when i put in for my tivo upgrade, i mat the tech at 7-11 , signed his workorder grabbed the tivo and i left. he was in a 1990 s-10, no ladder (even though at my home he didnt need one), blue jeans and a white t-shirt. he MAY have been a great tech.......didnt present himself as one though.

i installed under my SBCA # and activated.

My opinion is Ebay is a take a chance kind of place. You could get sh*t or you could get gold. I would probably gamble ebay for 89 bucks vs 160 bucks.

We will see, they probably drop in price when the MPEG4 National Channels come out.

Later

Jeff

pyrr said:
My opinion is Ebay is a take a chance kind of place. You could get sh*t or you could get gold. I would probably gamble ebay for 89 bucks vs 160 bucks.
We will see, they probably drop in price when the MPEG4 National Channels come out.
Later
Jeff

My opinion is that you have no clue about Ebay and its superiority over online retailers...

Actually its a fact that you have no clue. Ebays superiority over online retailers is just my opinion though...

Considering the ebay seller in chicago might be selling the AT9 that was stolen from me while passing through OHare a month ago on AA......

But then again he might not....

You never know.

HDTVFanAtic said:
Considering the ebay seller in chicago might be selling the AT9 that was stolen from me while passing through OHare a month ago on AA......
But then again he might not....
You never know.

You are just as likely to be buying stolen merchandise form an online retailer as you are from Ebay..

Honestly I wouldnt care less if it was stolen anyways, all I want is for the seller to be held accountable for what hes selling me..

And when you buy from an online retailer that is rarely the case..

Last edited:
at9 on ebay

All the at9 on ebay come with an H20. And looking at the feedback come from reliable sellers and or Directv Dealers pumping up on the sales. No problem If I wanted wanted I would not second gues buying one on ebay as I have had no problems with ebay on any satellite stuff.

guffy1 said:
You are just as likely to be buying stolen merchandise form an online retailer as you are from Ebay..
Honestly I wouldnt care less if it was stolen anyways, all I want is for the seller to be held accountable for what hes selling me..
And when you buy from an online retailer that is rarely the case..

Oh yeah.....

Value Electronics and Solid Signal are going to sell me a stolen AT9.

Get real.

HDTVFanAtic said:
Oh yeah.....
Get real.

I never said they were going to...

I said it was just as likely to happen as is was on Ebay..

As in the chances are slim to none, so spare us all the dramatic crap..

Thanks for putting words into my mouth though, I appreciate that smart guy :D

EDIT: Oh Yeah, Merry Xmas...

Last edited:
HDTVFanAtic said:
Oh yeah.....
Get real.

guffy1 said:

No, I believe you did say it if you check your post:

guffy1 said:

So much for putting words in your mouth.

And you also said:

guffy1 said:
Honestly I wouldnt care less if it was stolen anyways.

You said it, not me.

Spoken like a true eBay Seller.

This thread is so dead. The more he opens his/her childish mouth, the further his/her foot goes in it. Its shameful for people to warn others to just be careful about what and who they buy from while on ebay, but yet he can "warn" users about the dangers of buying from authorised retailers; what a hypocritical fool.

HDTVFanAtic said:
And you also said:
You said it, not me.
Spoken like a true eBay Seller.

Wrong..You need to read it again, not me.

Must be that rib removal surgery is making it hard for you to concentrate, because you are being dellusional about what I said..

As far as Charper, give it up..

You bashed my livelihood and I spoke up about it...

If you dont like it ignore me and get your facts straight next time so you dont look like a moron...

Last edited:
More non-factual retaliatory childlike flaming to help prove this thread is dead. Just admit you got it wrong. You didn't read to understand. You skimmed a post and got your feelings hurt because you jumped to conclusions about what you thought was said. Now you are only making it worse and killing any credibility you may have for later topics on this board that actually relate to satellite, electronics, or the like. Just give up making the hole you dig yourself any deeper. NO ONE ever specifically disrespected or called out any ebay seller. Lets all move on and stop feeding this.

charper1 said:
More non-factual retaliatory childlike flaming to help prove this thread is dead. Just admit you got it wrong. You didn't read to understand. You skimmed a post and got your feelings hurt because you jumped to conclusions about what you thought was said. Now you are only making it worse and killing any credibility you may have for later topics on this board that actually relate to satellite, electronics, or the like. Just give up making the hole you dig yourself any deeper. NO ONE ever specifically disrespected or called out any ebay seller. Lets all move on and stop feeding this.

Wrong on all counts..

If this thread is so dead, then why dont you quit posting to it?

Seems to me you are doing your best to keep it going..

You log on, feed the thread with your delusional BS, then claim the thread is dead and everyone should stop feeding it ...

Last edited:
Harp, thanks for the info, I appreciate your inputs. I personally think that a lot of the big sellers on ebay are peddling stolen merchandise. Hey guffy, what is your ebay seller name? Or are you afraid to put that information up. Most sellers would be glad to get the advertisement. I'd love to see the stuff your selling. Oh, if you start with buying soap and end with buying mustang GTs, what comes in the middle? Have you bought more than one GT? Can't wait to see your seller name.

guffy1 said:
Wrong..You need to read it again, not me.
Must be that rib removal surgery is making it hard for you to concentrate, because you are being dellusional about what I said..
As far as Charper, give it up..
You bashed my livelihood and I spoke up about it...
If you dont like it ignore me and get your facts straight next time so you dont look like a moron...
The only moron is you denying what you actually posted several posts higher.
lol.

For the 3rd time in this thread....

HDTVFanAtic said:
Oh yeah.....
Get real.

guffy1 said:

guffy1 said:

And you also said:

guffy1 said:
Honestly I wouldnt care less if it was stolen anyways.

You said it and then did your hole deeper in denial.

Either a Psycho or a moron.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts