Simple answer to MPEG4 5LNB please?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

scrannel

Original poster
Dec 26, 2005
I live in Los Angeles area, have a 3 LNB dish, get HD which includes some locals (I do not get PBS in HD, though). So, if I install a 5 LNB dish with new receiver, what exactly am I getting -- or will I get -- that I don't get right now?

access to the new spaceway satellites at 99 and 103, where very soon the roll out to lil will begin in your area.

BTW if you dont want to be an early adoptor (read: free beta testing guinea pig), wait until all the bugs are out of the system, if they call you to switch, tell em you are going out of town for a couple of months, let them sort it out, then call for the upgrade.. the free upgrade deals WONT change

scrannel said:
I live in Los Angeles area, have a 3 LNB dish, get HD which includes some locals (I do not get PBS in HD, though). So, if I install a 5 LNB dish with new receiver, what exactly am I getting -- or will I get -- that I don't get right now?
As of 12/26/2006, Nothing in reality.

You can argue that you are getting a better OTA tuner as it has a 5th Generation Chip in it.

You could also argue that you would get NBC and CBS in 1920x1080i off D*, though that has yet to be confirmed as well.

You will get new National Channels in the future.

Thanks for the responses. What about PBS in HD? Would the upgrade get me that? Thanks

No, not as of 12/27/2005 via Directv. You might be able to get it OTA with the 5th Generation Chip in the tuner.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts