Atlanta Locals on 103 transponder 16?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

TBI

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 27, 2004
Are Atlanta Locals on 103 transponder 16?
I have 80% signal on 16 but when I tune to a local HD it says searching for signal.
16 is the only transponder I am getting.

ATL HD LIL are on DirecTV Spaceway 1 at 102.8°W, I am not sure of the actual transponder. So you are saying none of tyour HD locals are coming in or just one?

charper1 said:
ATL HD LIL are on DirecTV Spaceway 1 at 102.8°W, I am not sure of the actual transponder. So you are saying none of tyour HD locals are coming in or just one?
No HD locals.
Only one transponder.

It was me, I was looking at the off air channels like 2.1, 11.1etc.
The HD locals don't have .1s.

TBI,

I also only get transponder #16....only 16 on 103* and I have ATL locals in HD...... signal strenth is 91....on network 14......network 15 (103*) is all n/a.

Bill

agsbill said:
TBI,
I also only get transponder #16....only 16 on 103* and I have ATL locals in HD...... signal strenth is 91....on network 14......network 15 (103*) is all n/a.
Bill
Thanks Bill,
I brought the H20 back in from outside and hooked it up to the projector and I did have HD locals on the 130".
The locals non HD start with AT2, AT4 ect.
I learned alot today, no matter how much I mess with this stuff I still do stupid stuff like setting the elevation to 56 instead of 46 and kept looking at it thinking it was 46.

TBI, sounds like you installed the AT9 yourself? You may want to try and peak the signal from 103. I am in the Atlanta area and I get between 88 and 94 depending on the weather. Yesterday afternoon sat 103 tp 16 was 93-94. When it is cloudy it will be 88-91.

About a week after my AT-9 was installed, a gust of wind knocked it off peak buy turning the pole it is mounted on. I poured another 50 lbs. of concrete around the pole and the re-pointed the dish. The fine adjustment screws make it pretty easy to do.

f300v10 said:
TBI, sounds like you installed the AT9 yourself? You may want to try and peak the signal from 103. I am in the Atlanta area and I get between 88 and 94 depending on the weather. Yesterday afternoon sat 103 tp 16 was 93-94. When it is cloudy it will be 88-91.
About a week after my AT-9 was installed, a gust of wind knocked it off peak buy turning the pole it is mounted on. I poured another 50 lbs. of concrete around the pole and the re-pointed the dish. The fine adjustment screws make it pretty easy to do.

Yes I set mine up myself but It's not installed yet, I have it bolted to spare wheel for testing. I need to paint it match my red brick house and I wanted to make sure it was still working correctly after I painted it.
All my signal levels are low after spending a fair amount of time fine tuning, my 3 LNB has 99 levels on 101 and the 5 LNB is about 80. Of course I may be thinking about two different recevers. I learned with FTA that different receivers can have differnet levels.

What do think about the size of the AT-9 dish?
I guess 10 years from now we will be using C-band size dishes again.

TBI said:
All my signal levels are low after spending a fair amount of time fine tuning, my 3 LNB has 99 levels on 101 and the 5 LNB is about 80. Of course I may be thinking about two different recevers. I learned with FTA that different receivers can have differnet levels.
What do think about the size of the AT-9 dish?
I guess 10 years from now we will be using C-band size dishes again.

TBI, if you are using an H20 for your signal strengths, low 80's is all you will get for the KU sats (101,110,119). The H20 will read a lower level than KU only boxes on the KU sats. But on 103, you should be in the 90's. The highest I have seen/heard of on the 103 sat is 94.

As far as the size goes, I have had mine for a month now, and it looks 'normal' to me now. And better yet, my wife hasn't complained :)

David Richardson said:
How many transponders are active on Sat 103(Network 14) in Atlanta? I'm seeing transponder 16 only at 88 strength.
Thanks
Dave

Transponder 16 is all I see also.
I think they are using a spot beam so we can't see other areas.

David Richardson said:
How many transponders are active on Sat 103(Network 14) in Atlanta? I'm seeing transponder 16 only at 88 strength.
Thanks
Dave
I am really slow but......

I also only get transponder #16....only 16 on 103* and I have ATL locals in HD......on network 14 signal strenth is 91......network 15 (103*) is all n/a.

Bill

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)